Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

541 - 555 of 555 Posts

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Couple weeks ago i changed out the extremely wasted trans mount with a solid rubber one i found on rockauto.

Sadly i think the trans is getting tired of my sh!t and it sometimes throws a P0740 code... I'm not sure what I can do about it. A replacement trans isn't really an option...

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Great looking Sable. Given me a lot of ideas. Should've tinted the windows though.

they are tinted, 50% on the side windows, and 20% on the back window. I'm thinking about getting the side windows retinted darker...

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Did something dangerous the other day.

Washed it....

Also found a needed snew teering wheel finally and you can see my double din radio that replaced the mach audio a couple months ago.

If you know this screen then you know what has happened... No more limiters on this #RaceSable.... I ended getting Sam Reeve's old XCAL3 for a good price and a tune for a good price.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Welp, last week and last weekend I filled that 6x9 hole in the rear deck of the sable. I tried wiring in JBL rcu with an aftermarket amp and subwoofer but that didn't work. Went with a line-out converter on the mach rcu to make me happy. Rockville 6x9 subwoofer and a Rockford Fosgate amp with a 4awg KnuKoncepts amp wiring kit.

replaced that spacer with a smaller one so it'll fit under the parcel shelf

I'm sure the wiring could look better but I'm still looking for the proper trunk liner with the home for the CD changer...

Overall I'm happy with results filled that missing part of the audio experience I was looking for.
I've got a similar Mach RCU with the stock head unit and would like to do something similar to what you did for a sub. Can you tell me what line-out adapter you are referring to and where that plugs in to the RCU? Does the head unit volume control still control the power output to the sub? Thanks!

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
I've got a similar Mach RCU with the stock head unit and would like to do something similar to what you did for a sub. Can you tell me what line-out adapter you are referring to and where that plugs in to the RCU? Does the head unit volume control still control the power output to the sub? Thanks!
I got a metra line out converter at the time and the amp had its own gain knob to control how much power was going to the subwoofer. IMO your much better off going full aftermarket for the best sound quailty. For the line out converter you use the rear speakers as the inputs for the converter.

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #550

Welp, its time for me to move on from this car and go to the next, I have replaced the sable after 5 years of having it. Oh and I am doing a full part out of everything i installed over the last 5 years too. So if you have interest in something i installed over the years, PM me and i can let you know what to do from there.

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
We recently sold my wife's Focus, it just wasn't getting used. Still, she was a a little wistful watching it drive off.
yeah, i'm gonna make sure i get video of it getting crushed....

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #555

Welp it is time for this log to end. If anyone has any questions about anything I've done to the car over the 5 years of ownership. Feel free to PM about it.

541 - 555 of 555 Posts