Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

521 - 540 of 559 Posts

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
Welp, last week and last weekend I filled that 6x9 hole in the rear deck of the sable. I tried wiring in JBL rcu with an aftermarket amp and subwoofer but that didn't work. Went with a line-out converter on the mach rcu to make me happy. Rockville 6x9 subwoofer and a Rockford Fosgate amp with a 4awg KnuKoncepts amp wiring kit.

replaced that spacer with a smaller one so it'll fit under the parcel shelf

I'm sure the wiring could look better but I'm still looking for the proper trunk liner with the home for the CD changer...

Overall I'm happy with results filled that missing part of the audio experience I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #528

Got the last option my sable didn't come with from the factory. Power Passenger seat! Got to wire it all in using the OEM connectors. Even pinned the same connector the heated seat stuff.*

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #530
Nice! BTW, I like your toolbox. I have one just like it! :)
Holds everything I need when I'm out looking for parts and it was my dad's! I have a blue under armour strap bag to make it easier to take the tools that I need.

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #532

Also got a proper subwoofer and box. Box looks beat but it holds a 8in Sundown audio woofer and cost me $15. With some carpeting I can make look it even better.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I think every guy over 40 had that toolbox at one time or another.
LOL! I've had mine since I was in my late teens. Man, I'm old! :)

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
My father has 3 of those boxes. He was a machinist and they were perfect for all the tools hi had.
Pic of some of mine that do not leave their location. Also have one more machinist box that is just like the one in the pic, other side of my lathe.
I got the machinist boxes beside a local street, some old guy under a shade tree with the two boxes full of tools. Wanted $45 for the pair. Done, and found it quite hard to lift them up into my wagon. Among the junk metal, very nice sets of measuring tools. Divided the tools and gave half to my son. Kept the boxes of course.
But I passed 40 years old long, long time ago.:lol2:

-chart-

Attachments

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Couple years ago the thermostat piping failed on me when the port for the return line broke off. I replaced it back then with the Dorman part..... 40/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND. (you'll see soon enough) I finally got my hands on the proper motorcraft unit which included a new thermostat housing. Also had a chance today to replace said unit. Here's the pics from the job.

Wonderful new Motorcraft unit.

POS dorman removed

Motorcraft installed

went and got some worm gear hose clamps to replace the grenade spring clamps.

This is why you shouldn't cheap out on part. I really tried to take the dorman out in one piece.... That didn't happen... All the plastic turned brittle, the hoses were able to be torn apart by hand and the return line snapped off as soon as I touched it.

And of course, you all know i keep the car looking good...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Wow. Those hoses look pretty crappy. You car, on the other hand, looks great!

521 - 540 of 559 Posts