Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the story is that i was driving on the highway and at anywhere between 70-80mph my dash starts shaking. pretty bad too. i have no idea what could cause this and it has never happened before. just started on this long trip i just took. any ideas on what could have caused it and what can be done to fix it would be appreciated.

Brendan

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Maybe your wheels need to be balence?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was driving down the highway at about 80mph one day and my dash started shaking like it was going to fall off. I ended up rotating my tires and that fixed the problem. It is possible that your tires may need to be balanced too. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea, i'd have my tires rotated or aligned.

·
Registered
478 Posts
same thing happens to me when ive got it floored oming up the hill to my house...around 1 mile..maybe 2miles long..up around speeds of 75/80mph.....(its fair steepness)...entire car starts shaking...kinda strange...only time it ever does that...ive found that my car doesnt likes speed around 75/80...but smooth out at around 90mph...im running a 95 taurus gl, unmoded...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The dash dance is problematic for the Gen 2. There are some braces under the dash that may be loose of missing. Especially if the dash has been removed before.

·
Banned
509 Posts
well, at about 85 mph, my Gen4 starts to shake.. Like, it is wierd.. I can feel it vibrating through my steering wheel, and it only happenes sometimes.. I checked my tire pressure, and 1 tire was 5 psi lower then the rest.. Dont know if that is why it was doing it though

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
This isn't common just among the Taurus. It's common among all cars. If your tires are unevenly wore, they are low, going bald, or need rotated, this will happen. It could also be your alignment.

It's not just common among gen 2's, either. It happened on my gen 3 always around 70-80MPH. Went and got all new tires and it completely stopped. Started to happen in my gen 4 ever so slightly. Got new tires. It stopped.

Also happend in our 2000 Explorer XLT. It was really bad. Got new tires. It stopped.

Basically, odds are; it's your tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts