Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this problem started a few months ago. i was turning left and it felt like the car shifted 2 or 3 inches farther than it should have and it also sounded like a bolt snapped. ever since it shakes under normal acceleration and pulls to the left under heavy. i just replaced the control arms, sway bar linkage, and struts and springs. the bearing and cv shafts have also been replaced recently. it also has an odd shake turning left now as well. i think it might be the metal strut rod bushing where it passes through the sub frame or the rack and pinion. i have had problems with the bushing before and welded it back to the sub frame.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Have you ruled out a broken tire cord? I would take the tire in and have a tire retailer inspect it, try a force balance on the tire just to make sure you don't need just a new tire. Tires can have internal failures that can cause problems like yours.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think its the metal part of the sub frame bushing. when i got home from work i gave my tire a push and it move about half an inch so i put my hand on the nut on the other side while i pushed and it move quite a bit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts