Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we all pull into our spot in the morning and sometimes we get close to the wall. well i made a new record this morning, lol, for pulling in and being closest to the wall without touching it. and i didnt even realize right away i did it as i usually back in! damn that was close

[attachmentid=27776]

/random pointless post

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
We need an overly festive "CONGRATS" emoticon.

That's always fun :p

I was closer than that once... except it was my rear bumper and a Caddy, not a wall.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
i never get anywhere near a wall or block. no thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It's interesting how close we can get in these cars. Especially when trying to get out of a parallel parking space when the car is blocked in. Although I do wish I didn't have painted bumpers since tap-and-bump parking styles are common (my bumper has battle scars).

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I always over estimate the nose on this thing. I think I'm driving an old Cadillac or something ... I park and realize I still got 10 feet in front of me.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I'm with Mario, forget that kind of stuff! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I scraped Suse's underside (one time pretty rough) by overshooting and ending up over a parking spot block at the store. :( After having a Pontiac 6000 with a LOOOOONG front, I still can't seem to gauge how to park my Taurus. Sometimes at home (no block, just sidewalk) I would park over the walk or back too far. But miraculously I been hitting it just with the license plate even with the edge of the sidewalk. I don't know how I do that. Sometimes I would look into my neighbor's daughter's overly shiny Ford 500 and watch my car's reflection vs. the sidewalk. :p

·
Registered
169 Posts
I WISH I had my digital camera with me today! While it's not a record compared to the rest of you, it's certainly a record for ME. I was like 1.5" away from a post when I parked at the store today. LOL! I had a laugh off that one.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I saw this at work a while back and took a picture. A Sable and a Contour. Getting ready to battle it out.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn! i dont believe i can be beat!!

how do i NOT hit the wall?!!?
(actually the bottom of my plate is touching but the bumper never did)

[attachmentid=28002]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I should post a picture of my car going through a wall... then I think you could be beat. :p

After backing into a minivan, I am really cautious about how far my trunk sticks out... sometimes I underestimate and end up really close, and sometimes I think that I've gone back as far as possible, but then I get out and have like 3 feet to go.

If the trunk on the G3 was just a liiiiiiiittle bit longer or higher, I would be able to see the lightbar's fin, but no.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it finally happened, lol. i tapped the wall! no damage tho, save for a paint chip. oh well, i knew it would happen eventually

·
Registered
223 Posts
lol, my friend came so close to hittin a jeep with his f150 that the license plates where next to each other and we couldnt even put 2 dollar bills in between the cars. luckily your car is white so the small paint chip probly isnt very noticable compared to a black car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts