Premium Member
2,075 Posts
In the words of "Rainman".....SEL, definately the SEL. :lol2:

OOOPS....BTW, Welcome to the club!!! :banana:

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Originally posted by Ganton@Jun 15 2004, 04:01 PM
Which Taurus has the "higher grade" of trim, the SES or the SEL?
There's really just a couple of things on the SEL that aren't standard on the SES. For one, I believe the Duratec engine is standard along with climate control and the upgraded wheels. Most other options on the SEL can also be had on the SES, it's just not standard. Not sure if the keypad entry and the autoheadlamps are available on the SES. I see lots of SEL's that have the leather and sunroof option, seems like that was a popular package for that trim level.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
The SEL is basically the fully loaded model. I believe the L in SEL designates that it has leather standard, including the auto climate control, keylass pad entry, 6cd changer, etc. Everything in the SELcan be optioned in the SES though, just for a cost.

The only real options on the SEL is power adj pedals, Mach radio, TC, & moonroof. Most on the lots are pretty fully loaded though, with almost all the options avail.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Our 02 is an SEL but it has cloth seats, and a Vulcan, it's missing the traction control, but has adjustable pedals,

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
L = Limited I thought.. I dunno they just made it up to confuse us.. anyways my 01 has cloth and I wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I got the SEL with the Premium Package which has EVERY option sans the wood.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts