Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
2 years!!! What were u thinkin? Good luck with the repairs though. I had a SES on for like a week, then I went to Autozone. It was a bad DPFE. Thats an emissions component, so if u neglect to fix it, other ones will go bad after awhile.

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
2 years, lol!

I'd replace everything stated by those 3 codes. The light probrably came on because of 1 thing, and now over time a few more things have gone bad and been added to the list.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Buy a Chilton's or Haynes manual on 96-99 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable. It will help you so much during these repairs. BTW the DPFE sensor is a little silver box with two vacuum hoses connected to it. It is right near the EGR valve. I think the crankshaft sensor is near the fuel rail.

Adam

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Jul 17 2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah, 2 years... Mom didn't feel like fixing it beforehand and I've had my hands busy with other repairs to get her back into shape

And I dont even know where some of the things are.. I know where my O2's are... but thats it
i've still got my haynes manual for sale if you want to buy it.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Ew the CPS sensor, what a piece of junk. The only problem that I had with the car was that it wouldn't start sometimes say after like 10 15 minutes of letting it sit. But that happened rarely. Supposedly it gets worse and eventually breaks alltogether so I was told, but in the 6 months I had the problem and the on and off SES light, it was fine. But an odd thing I noted was that I could actually start and drive the car with it disconnected. The only problem I noted was a lag in throttle response. Get it replaced though ash you dont want to get stranded.

-Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts