Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm having some issues with my bull. ok when taking off from a dead stop if i push the pedal to much it studders. it don't even take that much when cold but once it warms up i can push it down a little bit further to start off. but once it goes into second i don't get any shutter but i get what seems like a slip. but its real bad when its cold. and with the ses light it comes on while cruising down the highway at about 70-75 and it'll go out after awhile i don't know if its the pump or the torque converter lock-up solenoid or if it just needs to be rebuilt. i know that i had messed up and when i have done the tranny filter the last couple of times i had put dextron 3 in it instead of the mercron that could be an issue but i'm not a tranny expert. any help would be appreciated. i just want to get some idea on what is causeing it before i take it in next week to get a dianostic ran on it cause i have a coupon for a free diagnostic at a tranny shop here in town.

·
Super Moderator
8,225 Posts
DexIII / regular Mercon in a tranny that calls for Mercon V is a BAAAAAD thing! Change ALL the fluid to Merc V and see if things improve.

Free diagnostic coupon from a tranny shop...... I know what their answer will be...... you need a rebuild.

A few years ago, my elderly parents went in for "free diagnostic" on their 30K mile 95 GL Vulcan at a local shop while I was on a 2 week vacation (God only knows why, other than they had a coupon). They told them the starter and radiator needed to be replaced, and charged the something close to $500 in repairs. I have carefully maintained that car since new, and I KNOW there was NOTHING wrong with either the starter or radiator. Coupons from repair shops is just a way to rip people off to the max :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts