Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'99 SE Duratech odo=163k K&N filter

Replaced PCV hose to deal with some lean codes a few weeks ago. Now I'm getting a consistent 401 codes. I can clear it and it's back 15 minutes later. Based on forum searching I think I need to replace the DPFE sensor.

My plan is to purchase one from AZ unless someone recommends otherwise.

Haven't fixed my broken IMRC 'rod' yet, and am assuming thats unrelated to P401.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (columbiawifi @ Apr 13 2009, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717520
'99 SE Duratech odo=163k K&N filter

Replaced PCV hose to deal with some lean codes a few weeks ago. Now I'm getting a consistent 401 codes. I can clear it and it's back 15 minutes later. Based on forum searching I think I need to replace the DPFE sensor.

My plan is to purchase one from AZ unless someone recommends otherwise.

Haven't fixed my broken IMRC 'rod' yet, and am assuming thats unrelated to P401.[/b]
Autozone is a fine replacement for the DPFE sensor (which is almost always the cause of your P0401 codes)... They list the part as an "EGR Pressure Sensor" # 195712. They carry a 2 year/24 month warranty on the part as well.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I agree with Firespirit, the DPFE sensor belongs on your P0401 suspect list, along with the systems vacuum lines & vacuum swiching valve maybe.

Let us know what you find.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I don't know the V6 cars the way I know the V8 SHO's, but in the SHO V8 the EGR port ALWAYS gets clogged up over time in the part of the intake where it exits into the surge tank. It is a hard black carbonny plug that I usually 'drill' out with a wide flat blade screwdriver. Usually clogs up every 50 to 70k miles or so with the stock PCV system.
Find where the EGR is connected to the intake manifold assembly, probably near the throttle body, and look INSIDE to see where that EGR port exits into the intake. If it is full of junk, clean it out, reset your codes, ans go for a drive before buying and changing parts.

With 160k + on the car, you may just be really gunked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts