Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got the Service engine soon gauge on now. It went off yesterday and went on again today, orange and nice... grrr.

What I want to know, are there some thing I should check by myself before I take the car to a garage? My ability to spend money right now is already at minus, and I can't bare the thought that I just bought a car and I have to star fixing it (I fixed some stuff when I got it but it was worth it)...
So what can it be that is not serious? What can I check?

Please bare in mine that I am not even a beginner with tinkering my way around, and I don't understand a LOT of the techinical terms you are using... so be patient if you want to help, I will reply and probably ask more and more questions.

I will take the car to a garage eventually, I am not saying I won't. it's 85,000 miles now anyways, but I want to know if I can do something to help.

So... help?
Remember... very basic language.

Thank you!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Take it to your local Autozone or Advance Auto Parts or Pep Boys.

They do it for free. Just go to the guy at the counter and say,

"Hey, I was wondering if ya'll could run the codes on my car? It's a [insert year here] Ford Taurus."

Oh, only say "ya'll" if you're in the South.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I work at autozone and the codes we read are pre 96 ford ,Gm, and mopar cars. And the OBDII. The reason is because they are easy. We do have the books to check the code on Honda and ect. Some places will only read OBDII codes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts