Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a little bow imit of a newer Taurus. A 97' Taurus LX. The Car is wonderful but before i bought it no lights were on except the 'low coolant level' which could be the magnet sitting at the bottom.

Im getting this error message now that says, service engine soon.
P0131 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0132 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

what can i do here to fix this,... i went into the dealer and they reset the lights for a couple hundred KM's until it comes back....but how do i fix this issue???

any ideas....?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Replace that o2 sensor on bank 1, closest to the engine. You will need to reset the pcm after replacing the sensor with a scan tool. I suggest buying a scan tool, they're cheaper than paying a shop to reset the light, and come in handy if the light ever comes on again. Expect to spend around $100 for a good scanner that has live data, the live data will show you most of the sensor values, and other very useful data. Most work with pretty much any '96-up vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
Check the harness to the front upstream O2 to be sure it is properly connected to the O2, no corrosion, harness hasnt sagged onto exhaust and melted, etc. If al that checks out, replace O2.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have a picture of where the 02 Sensor is... would help me big time to follow harness to make sure nothings melted or corrorid.

·
Super Moderator
8,590 Posts
There are 4 O2 sensors total. 2 upstream (1 for each cyl bank) and 2 downstream. The upstream sensors are located at the collector of each exhaust manifold. They look like a small cylinder around 3" long and 1" in diameter.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Bank1 sensor1 will be the upstream o2 sensor on the firewall side with the green elec. conn. Downstream sensors have blue elec. conns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts