Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( My SES Light keeps going on. I don't know what it is but its probably not a easy problem like the door ajar light... The Engine seems to idle roughly. At stops it semms to want to keep going. The Light will just remain on for a few miles but then after a while the SES will start to flash.... Ugh
I heard from here Autozone will really check your codes for free ? Ill try that.
Also my antifreeze or coolant was empty, could that be it ? I refilled it and it turned brown maybe I just need a coolant flush ?

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Yes, Autozone checks codes for free... So go there and get the codes its throwing out and post them up here...

And as for your coolant... it immediately turned brown?? That's odd... Usually it takes a while... But anyway, Just try flushing the coolant and refilling (make sure you DO NOT leave it without coolant again!!)

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Dude, get that checked soon.

Solid SES = Something's amiss. Please have it diagnosed at your earliest convenience.
Blinking SES = *in Scotty's voice* She's a comin' aparrt at tha seams, Captain!

Blinking SES means it's probably serious. Get those codes scanned ASAP!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ! Also is flushing coolant easy to do ? its 75 $ I think normally, is it as easy as just unscrewing something ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Changing the coolant is a piece of cake. Unscrew the petcock in the bottom of the radiator, drain it into a container and dispose of in accordance with local ordinances. Cleaning/flushing the system is a little more difficult but you can purchase a kit at any auto store with everything you need

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Yeah...go to Autozone ASAP! There might be some serious problems that could only escalate if you don't go...

Flushing the system is pretty easy. As maceslin said, go to Autozone (while you're there to have your codes checked) and get a flush and fill kit. What year is your car?

JR

·
Registered
411 Posts
Solid Check Engine= Problems, get checked soon

Flashing Check Engine= Misfire, runs super rich=Bye-Bye Cats

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:banana: Well I got it checked at Autozone ! and they said it was P0301 Just the cylyndar one was misfiring, which seems like it was just a loose spark plug ! Got it replaced and so far the engine already seems better. Hopefully thats all it was, I guess the car needs to have 3 run cycles before the light shuts off ?
Anyway Im a happy puppy ! :banana:

Now I just need to flush the radiator !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts