Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for a 97 tauras service engine soon light to be on all the time? Mines been on just alittle after I gotton it, did an oil change,spark plugs, air filter then the light went off for a few days and came back on and remains on. Would it be a sensor problem? the tranny runs (not the greatest) is it tranny? would a tranny flush probably help? I heard that if the service engine soon light comes on it's tranny. Any ideas are greatly appreciated as this is a family of 4's only source of transport.

Cheers!!! :mj_banana:

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you have a code reader...check the codes its giving and report them back here...People here will have a better chance at diagnosing the issue/issues correctly and quicker. If you don't have a code reader...try a local Autozone...some of them are still getting codes for customers for free.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Could be alot of things: EGR, O2 sensors, misfires etc.

Do have someone read the codes. Alot of Autoparts stores will read them for free for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for your input, my car problem(s) have been resolved. The problem was a leaky sensor on the rack & pinion that caused the "service engine soon" light to come on. Glad to say it's no longer a nusiance to look at in my dash while driving. Thanks again everyone. :banana: :ford: :banana: :thumb:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Glad you got it fixed.......... :)

What was the name of the sensor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts