--stalled once
--poor acceleration

I didnt have time but to look at code.
gotta go to work..

any response will be appreciated.

john

G

·
Moved here so that more people will respond.

From what research I did on the 2000 CD, I found that this indicates the PCM is indicating a 75% duty cycle on the fuel pump, according to the FPDM. The FPDM controls the pump speed through variable ground.

It looks to me that this may be a case of a bad ground, or a bad FPDM. The FPDM is the fuel pump driver module.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob, if it is the FPDM, its probably located on the fuel pump itself, right? and its probably one whole unit. Do you know where the ground is located for the Fuel Pump. what do you mean by 75% duty cycle.

I need to revise my symptoms:
--the car only stalled once.
--it had a hard time to restart, but did after the second try.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How can I get a hand on the Ford CD?

I also own another 00 duratec, that has 71,000 miles on it. no engine probs. This one seems to be giving me problems w/ only 40,000 miles,

thanks for you're info Bob.

G

·
Originally posted by FORDFAN5240@Oct 17 2004, 10:29 AM
Bob, if it is the FPDM, its probably located on the fuel pump itself, right? and its probably one whole unit. Do you know where the ground is located for the Fuel Pump. what do you mean by 75% duty cycle.

I need to revise my symptoms:
--the car only stalled once.
--it had a hard time to restart, but did after the second try.
Not exactly sure where it's located, I'll check on the CD this afternoon.

I'll try and copy/paste a wiring diagram, so that you can trace the wires to the pump circuit, and the FPDM.

PM me your address and I'll burn you a copy of the 2000 CD. :thumb:

G

·
I don't have a 99 CD, I have a 98 one though.

PM me for a CD, just keep in mind it may take a few days for me to get time to burn them and send them out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll go look over the '00 today, see if anything is obviously wrong. Its kind of cool and rainy out today though.

i'll see what i can find. haynes manual doesnt want to say too much, fuly understandable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I probably am coming into this post way after the fact, but it can't hurt. My Taurus did the same thing. It would stall, and also when I pushed on the gas, nothing would happen. Turns out I needed a new fuel pump. Just my two cents. Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for input Nikki, I need to find out where the FPDM is?-Fuel Pump Driver Module. Once I find out where it is at, I can test it out. I have a diagnostic flow chart to follow and test from Alldata. But cannot find the darn thing. My hunch is it's w/ the pump in the tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts