Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 3.0 Vulcan and I have removed my a/c does anyone know which belt I should use since the a/c is gone?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Originally posted by SLO&EAZY@Jun 11 2004, 09:22 AM
I have a 1996 3.0 Vulcan and I have removed my a/c does anyone know which belt I should use since the a/c is gone?
:eek: :wacko: :headscratch:

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Go to the local part shop. And ask for a belt. And they will give you some choses like with or with out a/c

G

·
I don't think Gen 3's came without AC. You should be able to get a belt though. To get the proper length, take some string, rope, whatever, and wrap it around your pulleys. Mark the string to the proper length, measure it, and then get a belt that's about an inch shorter (to account for the tensioner).

Bring that measurement to the parts store, along with how many ribs your belt has, and they should be able to help you. Here's a quick lesson on belt sizing and part numbers:

Let's say the belt number is 935K6. That number denotes that the belt is 93.5 inches long, and has 6 ribs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

If you are trying to figure out why I have taken out the ac its because everything went bad and ford wants about $2000 to fix everything. So I'll look on e-bay and fing the new parts and when I have everything I'll re-install the ac.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you got a love that one belt runs everything concept so a seized A/C compressor will leave your car overheated on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck out in the middle of no where. :blink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts