Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. This is very perplexing. I got a 1997 Nissan B14 Sentra/200sx that I am trying to get a Driver's side sun Visor.

I have called Salvage Yards around here, since there are no U-Pick types in the Capital NY area.

I must say these yards are expensive to begin with. You can't find even Cowling for under $50. There are yards that want min $40 for one Visor. Am I on glue, or does that seem like a lot?
Do sun visors really cost that much? To win one on flee bay you have to bid at least $50. This just seems wrong to me. What do they charge for them in self serve yards? Anywhere near that much? The wost part is that I have the original visor. but the it got separated from the swivel.
I don't know how to get it back together.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
$7 for a large one, $4 for a small one at my local Pull a Part. http://www.pullapart.com Check inventory to see if they have your year/generation/similar model of car (for Columbia, SC). If they have it, I'll grab it and throw it in with the other stuff you bought from me.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ May 8 2009, 10:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=723780
$7 for a large one, $4 for a small one at my local Pull a Part. http://www.pullapart.com Check inventory to see if they have your year/generation/similar model of car (for Columbia, SC). If they have it, I'll grab it and throw it in with the other stuff you bought from me.[/b]
Nick that would rock. I will check now. :banana: :chili: :banana: Can that include the screws & Clip too? not sure where those buggers went. :rolleyes2:

They have 2 sentras from compatible years. Both 1995. Row 306 and 316. I guess small if you compared it to, say, one from a Suburban :p . Say, by chance, while your snaggin the Driver side Visor, would you be able to grab the Passenger side mirror assembly. Doesn't have to be power, they are manual now. and she doesn't like me "foolin" with the electrical in her car :(

I am in the wrong bid'ness. Courtesy Nissan parts wants $86 for the Grey color that EVERY, Sentra 200SX in the Generation has. and $97or$72(not sure how they are different) for the Brown that NOBODY!! has. Wowo :rofl2: :punchdoc: :05:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I have two passenger side mirrors for you! One is black plastic off a 200SX, and one is gloss painted black (off a GXE?). They are both power... no manual mirrors were to be found :( Both are in excellent condition.

I would have to ask $30 for which ever one you want (since that is what they charged me) and I will try and sell the other.

I also grabbed the snap-in clip for the visor you needed, the one that you swing the visor over and clip it down. I looked for visors and out of the near dozen Sentras, all were gone save for one that was broken in half. I'll just toss it in with the mirror.

Let me know if you are interested! :D

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much sir. If some one makes you an offer for both. Take it. We are starting to have trans issues with it. I will need to have it looked at.
The mirrors, I would love to get, But if the Trans shop give us a thumbs down, then we have bigger fish to fry.

I will let you know if i can get it in a few days. Looks doubtful though. Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all. If you find parts for a B14 Sentra. Don't bother pickling up parts for me. I got blind sided pulling out the drive way. I feel awful about it is my g/f's car. But they lady that hit me told us that "She would have hit the breaks harder, but i was concerned for my dogs."
I'll post pics of the wreck if she will let me. I am physically ok. But Damn!, just DAMN!

So we will be putting the ole, Mazda 323 on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts