Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am thinking about putting my car on ebay, has anyone else used ebay motors in this way? i am a bit worried about how it will end up working out, can anyone help clean this uo for me

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Ive listed 2 cars on ebay motors, but didnt sell either one. The important things to remember are list as many pictures as you can, start your auction at the lowest price your willing to accept for the car and say that it is listed localy and may be removed for local sale, be sure to list any and all defects and be 100% honest about it. I went with a friend to pick up a car he won on ebay that was listed as "safe to drive home" and when he took the car for a test ride before signing the papers the car almost pulled off the road when he hit the brakes, it needed alot of work to bring home so he turned down the sale and left it there. Its not a good thing to have someone travel to buy your car and find out that its not what you listed.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya the car drive fine and everything its just that i have to figure out the best way to sell it. i have used ebay before but was worried about the listing fees that are on ebay, or if i should just use a local paper instead.
i have tried to see how much local deals would give me i got 3200 from one place and said your full of crap and left

·
Registered
423 Posts
I sold my SHO on eBay last month. It was very straight forward as far as creating the listing goes. Just be sure to be descriptive. I see too many listings that are like "car runs great, very dependable." You've gotta get a lot more into it then that if you want to have a successful sale. The fees weren't too bad either, I think they hit me for around $90 by the time it was all said and done.

Here is my listing to give you an idea: eBay listing

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thats alot, im glad i asked first. there is a 97 ford explorer xlt for 4k so i am trying to get it.
thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Try Craigslist? It's free and local.

Apply same concepts with many pictures and accurate descriptions.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Yea, I forgot all about craigslist. That site is better than you think. I sold a jeep on there back in the spring. I listed it on Sunday, Monday afternoon I had 20 e-mails about it and sold it that night for what I wanted and it didnt cost anything to list or sell. When you think about the ebay fee, its not to bad compaired to local papers.

·
Premium Member
8,863 Posts
I sold my SHO on eBay last month. It was very straight forward as far as creating the listing goes. Just be sure to be descriptive. I see too many listings that are like "car runs great, very dependable." You've gotta get a lot more into it then that if you want to have a successful sale. The fees weren't too bad either, I think they hit me for around $90 by the time it was all said and done.

Here is my listing to give you an idea: eBay listing
[/b]
You sold your SHO! :(

That thing was beautiful man! :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts