Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to TCCA member Mooby we were able to find a manufacturer who is making coilovers for the 96+ Taurus. These coilovers are coming from Canada. These are a high quality coilover that we are pleased to offer with the following features:

* 28 levels of adjustable dampening
* High quality strength aluminum alloy upper mount included
* Height adjustable
* Dual Tube Technology
* Mixed gas into oil type
* Front Pillowball top mount included.
* Dust proof set
* High tension and cold formation springs
* High quality strength aluminum alloy spring seat

The pricing will be as follows:
If we get 1-6 Orders the price is: $2000

If we get 7-13 Order the price is: $1750

If we get 14-40 Orders the price is: $1600

You can either place a deposit now here: Deposit

You can also buy them here: Selex Coilovers

If you buy them now we will refund you once we reach 7 orders or more.

This is not to have them made but to get them at a cheaper price. They are already made.

Expect around 4weeks to manufacture.

1989-1995 coilovers coming very soon.

So who is interested?

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
god i wish i had 1800-2000k for these.. wow.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (LOUDSHO92 @ Nov 2 2009, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=764126
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Nov 2 2009, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=764106
How long will these be available? I am looking to buy some things in the early parts of next year.[/b]
They will always be vailable but to get the lower pricing it needs to be done as a group.
[/b][/quote]

Well the reason I asked was because I don't really have that $2K or even $500 laying around at the moment but I will in the beginning of next year after I rebuild my savings again.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Nov 2 2009, 04:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=764158
QUOTE (LOUDSHO92 @ Nov 2 2009, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=764126
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Nov 2 2009, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=764106
How long will these be available? I am looking to buy some things in the early parts of next year.[/b]
They will always be vailable but to get the lower pricing it needs to be done as a group.
[/b][/quote]

Well the reason I asked was because I don't really have that $2K or even $500 laying around at the moment but I will in the beginning of next year after I rebuild my savings again.
[/b][/quote]

I understand just letting you know whats going on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I take it these are the full kits. Are they their SR40's or the TR60's, Whats the price difference between the two. I take it that price is in greenback not the loony. Are there taxes on top or not? Whats the shipping cost associated with it, like is it included in the 2 grand or not. If it is would I get a discount since it dosen't have to cross the canadian american border. Basically I just want to know as much as possible before I throw down that much coin for a suspension system. It is a complete kit right, so there is nothing else I will need if I want to upgrade from stock to these?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Chedder88 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768031
I take it these are the full kits. Are they their SR40's or the TR60's, Whats the price difference between the two. I take it that price is in greenback not the loony. Are there taxes on top or not? Whats the shipping cost associated with it, like is it included in the 2 grand or not. If it is would I get a discount since it dosen't have to cross the canadian american border. Basically I just want to know as much as possible before I throw down that much coin for a suspension system. It is a complete kit right, so there is nothing else I will need if I want to upgrade from stock to these?[/b]
These are full kits. The struts are not the TR's or any others. They are deisgned specifically for the coilover kit and are adjustable.

Prices US.

No taxes.

Shipping in Canda is around $55, just got an order for the struts only and thats what the shipping is in Canada.

No discount other then in shipping as they would be shipping in Canada.

Complete kit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So what exactly comes with this kit?

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
everything you need lol

the tr 40 and tr 60 are replacement strut those are better then monroe or other gabriel and kyb

the tr 60 with eibach or intrax would be a real good compromise

but it would still be stock no coil over nothing fancy just a better replacement

those are the complete coil over

made for our car strut goes into the knucle and you have the reste the strut and coilover and top plate

there nothing more to it

maybe get the full ajustable top plate for the camber ajustement

are you suuplying them a set of the after market part ( cuz ) they have a stock regular plate ) if you send them a plate they will make the plate a part off the coil over they never got any part nor real demand but they are ready to do the job right the first time

·
Registered
66 Posts
I now am on the fence around these.
I could walk into partsource and get OEM parts for $1010, or spend $2190 and get these.
I'm just not sure if I think a harder suspension is really worth over $1100 of my money.

2190 comes from (2000+55)x1.06 for the conversion to canadian currency

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (Chedder88 @ Nov 19 2009, 05:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=768065
I now am on the fence around these.
I could walk into partsource and get OEM parts for $1010, or spend $2190 and get these.
I'm just not sure if I think a harder suspension is really worth over $1100 of my money.

2190 comes from (2000+55)x1.06 for the conversion to canadian currency[/b]
Well it comes down to what you want. If you want an adjustable racing type suspension this is the way to go.

Also if we get more poeple the price drops.

The includes everything as well as the caster/camber plates as this is for the Gen3/4.

We can also get you the Selex OEM "Quickstrut" line as well. We also have the TR60s if you want conventional struts and springs. We are working with Intrax for springs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was wondering will the ride height change at all? Since the wheel upgrade I can't really afford to go any lower with how bad the streets are here in southern ontario.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts