Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Sel Trim

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Troper8 
G
#1 ·
Do all SEL taurus's made in 2000 have the automatic temperature controls on them?

G
#3 ·
another Question, its that I know this vehicle is a SEL carfax, and the dealer both say it is, but the question is.. he told me that its a single CD player and I havn't seen a single CD player with auto climate controls, could he be wrong? or may this car which is a SEL not have auto climate?

G
#4 ·
Originally posted by SEL2000@May 1 2004, 01:38 AM
another Question, its that I know this vehicle is a SEL carfax, and the dealer both say it is, but the question is.. he told me that its a single CD player and I havn't seen a single CD player with auto climate controls, could he be wrong? or may this car which is a SEL not have auto climate?
I can't say for sure, but I think you're right about there not being a single cd with the auto climate controls - I think only a 6 disc changer/tape player is offered with that. We'll have to get some of the SEL owners to confirm that...

As for an SEL without climate control - I don't think that was ever available. However, there were a few strange things Ford did in 2000 since it was the first model year of the fourth generation - so I suppose it might be possible.

G
#6 ·
Originally posted by SEL2000@May 1 2004, 01:45 AM
noo lol i will be so disappointed, i was looking forward to the auto climate, my mom has it in her Deville and its awsome... I WANT IT lol
LOL - it is very nice - I am 99.9999999999999% sure that all SEL's had it though - so you're probably OK. The only disadvantage to it is that you can't install an aftermarket stereo without finding a place to put it OTHER than where the stock one is because you can't get faceplates that will accomodate the aftermarket deck with auto climate controls. So as long as you don't care about that, you're set.

Good luck with your purchase! Be sure to get us pics if/when you get it!

#7 ·
My 2000 SEL has auto climate control and a 6 disk in the arm rest...

The odd thing about my 2k is that it was a factory moded SE to SEL. I dont have the sunroof or the adjustable pedals - no biggy - its just more s*** to go wrong or break. The trunk letters say Taurus SE, but my window sticker says SEL.

G
#9 ·
that could be what the one i'm gonna buy is, a modded from factory SEL, i dont see the point of the SEL trim if it doesn't have the auto contols, sunroof etc its just an SES or SE still

i was hoping for a really nice SEL which is what I wanted and now it seems like its just an SE or SES grr

#13 ·
When I was shopping for my Taurus, I looked at several 2000's. Some of them were SE Comforts (which had the CD Changer in the arm rest with auto climate control, but column shifts instead of floor), while others were SEL's that look almost identical to the '01 SEL that I picked up (minus the sunroof and power pedals).

If this particular car that you are looking at isn't the one, or something seems fishy about it, just move on and find another one. There are NO shortages of quality SEL's around, and at very reasonable pricing.

Good Luck!

AS

#15 ·
Here's a of pic of my 2002 SEL with the Premium package :

For other pics go to my superford account or cardomain accounts (links are in my sig) or go to the TCCA Garage or the TCCA Gallery (links at top of this page)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.