Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow members,

99 Taurus Longroof, 3.0 DOHC

I'm thinking about adding turn signals on the mirrors, cornering lamps, and possibly creating a 1 touch lane change module (since it seems most out there require CANBus or separate turn and brake lights). To do this, I'm hoping folks can help give me some info. If you have ideas as well don't hesitate to chime in.

1.) Are the signals positive or negative switched?
2.) What's the path / flow for power through the turn signal lever / stalk, the flasher, relays (?), and finally at the light? Schematics would be fantastic if anyone has one.

If you have ideas of best places to grab power, etc, please include that.

Thank you all,
MCSteven and Blüe Longroof

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
44 views and no one has info? Should I delete and post this in a different forum?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the signals are positively switched. I would search for a used shop manual on eBay or somewhere. They usually have very detailed wiring diagrams in them. Other than that, I've got nothing.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Sounds like ways are crossed sonewhere. Trailer saddle is a decent spot to begin. Putting a solitary stage yet where a double goes is another acceptable method to get this going. Both back blinker/brake bulb and front blinker are double stage bulbs. Either 1157 or 3157's.
snaptube vidmate

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like ways are crossed sonewhere. Trailer saddle is a decent spot to begin. Putting a solitary stage yet where a double goes is another acceptable method to get this going. Both back blinker/brake bulb and front blinker are double stage bulbs. Either 1157 or 3157's.
snaptube vidmate
Hi Nate,

Not sure if you understood what I am trying to do. I have no problems with my bulbs or electrical system. I'm trying to add something to it. I am asking about the path since I'd like to grab power for mirror signals after it's is flashing (which I know could create a different flash rate), but I also want to grab a signal that isn't intermittent / flashed to add a relay for constant on (while the turn signal is activated) cornering lamps. Finally, I was thinking of adding a simple 555 timer circuit that would be activated by a pulse. Just moving the turn signal stalk without locking into left or right I believe would create that, and in modern cars do so will flash the signals 3-6 times for a moving lane change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts