Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's conflicting info on the forums, with some threads stating that the G3 SHO front bumper cover and valance was SHO mount only, while others have stated that the bumper cover & valance will mount to any G3.

Anyone with experience that can add some info? I'm trying to check out the stuff from a manual but it's not very specific with images. I have first dibs on a 99 SHO bumper cover but I'm not looking to do any body work except a direct fit replacement. It's cleaned up, ready for paint and install.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn,

Friend said some one came by, saw it on the side of the house, and offered cash (more than he was originally going to ask for it and about 3 times what he was offering it to me for). He sold the bumper cover. Oh well, I would have never gotten the paint to match between the metallic and fading. Back to the under lip spoiler / splitter (the Mach1 thing).

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Ahh. Too bad.

If you are ever in the SHOcago area, I have 3 fronts and 2 rears I would be willing to sell you. I will NEVER ship a bumper cover again, however. Pickup only. Got some wings and taillight trunk inserts too, FWIW.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh. Too bad.

If you are ever in the SHOcago area, I have 3 fronts and 2 rears I would be willing to sell you. I will NEVER ship a bumper cover again, however. Pickup only. Got some wings and taillight trunk inserts too, FWIW.
What would you want for a front? I'm considering putting it on a wagon so there wouldn't be any need for a rear or inserts. I've seen the wing on a wagon before, but that was after they removed the roof rack. I don't have ambitions of removing my rack. I might be taking a trip early fall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts