Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set the alarm off on my 05 taurus sel over a week ago. Since then my key fobs will not work and a theft light keeps blinking on the dash. This morning my battery was dead. I just installed the battery last month. I think the security system has something to do with this. The car will start and drive fine. I dont understand why my key fobs wont work. I could use some help with this problem!

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Check your battery in the fob, they don't last forever. If its not the battery then just reprogram your fobs.... Make sure u have all your fobs in the vehicle when programing. Stick the key in the ignition and turn the key from off to run (not start, run is 1 click b4 start) 8times and the doors will lock. Press your unlock buttons on the fobs and you all programed.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Does the car run/start when the theft light is blinking?

Do you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Does the car run/start when the theft light is blinking?

Do you have an aftermarket alarm installed?
The car will start and drive fine. I dont understand why my key fobs wont work. I could use some help with this problem!
I'd assume so. I think he was just talking a bout the slow flash that the theft light normal does. I could be wrong tho. Sounds like factory alarm that was optional on some models. All a guess, but thats how I read it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts