Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been discussed a thousand times but I can’t find what I am looking for specifically. I have a 97 SHO V8 of course I have had it for about two years now but it sat up for the last eighteen months mainly because I was out of the country. Anyway right before I stopped driving it the check engine light came on about the same time I noticed a whining noise when you start it up first thing in the morning. Well come to find out the CEL is P0411 Secondary air injection pump. I had a mechanic look at and he won’t give me a direct cost. So I would rather do it myself. Any advise?

·
Super Moderator
8,863 Posts
Problem is usually the relay on the side if the SAI pump

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
P0411 refers to improper upstream air flow. That along, with a whining noise, points to a disconnected air hose on the pump or possibly worn/damaged air pump itself. A PITA to get out without lowering subframe, but it can be done by unbolting the pump from its bracket (as well as the bracket from the frame), removing air hoses and twisting and turning it down and out. Hope I never have to do that one again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.