Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find an answer for it searching here or Google. Is there a way to turn off the god awful seatbelt reminder? I just got my Taurus this past Saturday and it's been driving me nuts.

I heard that it may be in the manual but my car didn't come with one. I seen a brand new one on eBay for about $22 shipped and I'm probably going to get it unless someone has a better place to get it.

This is a great forum that I found via Google on my search for the answer and seems to be the best Taurus focused forum I've seen so far. (a little brown nosing never hurt) I'll have to get around to some of those mods that linked on the home page.

Oh yeah, my Taurus is a 2001 SES.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Even if you could turn it off, you shouldn't. The best way to turn it off is to put on a seat belt! :) Out of curiosity, how old are you?

EDIT: 2001 ses = nice ;) I only have an SE, do you know which engine you have?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Heres a company that provides automobile companies with manuals. You can buy the one for your car for 22 bucks. 7-8 bucks shipping...
Link

Enjoy the SES! B)

G

·
There is a way in the manual to turn the reminder off, however I would recommend you just wear it! :) Even though you have airbags and probably the Ford Personal Safety system, a seatbelt is generally still your best safety device.

Welcome to the club - and drive safely!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies and welcome. stever thanks for the PM.

j0rd4n I'm 25. The car has the Vulcan. :angry:

I was gunning for an 03 SES with the Duratec and Sunroof but it took me out of my comfort zone payment wise.

So far I dig the car, I'm only disappointed with the engine. I'm coming from a 3.5L 6 in my old Intrepid to the Vulcan and it leaves a lot to be desired power wise. To top it off I seem to be getting worse gas mileage with this engine. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts