Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My burgundy Gen2 Taurus with burgundy interior has a beautiful burgundy lap seat belt for the middle passenger in the back. :lol2:

All the other seatbelts are .... BLACK. :angry:

Would these have originally been black, or did Ford supply colour-coordinated seatbelts throughout? Obviously, I am eager to make them all burgundy - to add to the burgundy flavour of the car!

Mike

PS Anyone else come across or indeed have this particular tasteful colour combination of burgundy interior and burgundy exterior? It really works!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i got a full set of of burgandy belts from my old gen 1 (no drivers though) in ok shape need to find them back and check but i think they are still good. make me a deal if you want them...

my gen 1 was red with red interior and my old gen 2 was purple with red interior i liked the red and blue gen 1/2 interiors

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I don't know why they would be black. It should have come with burgundy seat belts unless there's some obscure law about having a different type of restraint for European cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (sable23 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721106
i got a full set of of burgandy belts from my old gen 1 (no drivers though) in ok shape need to find them back and check but i think they are still good. make me a deal if you want them...

my gen 1 was red with red interior and my old gen 2 was purple with red interior i liked the red and blue gen 1/2 interiors[/b]
Thanks for the offer. I am possibly interested, but I'd still want the driver's one of course.

Out of interest, what is the OEM for the Tauruses of this era? Is there a source where a full set could be purchased new the right colour?

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who would have manufactured the seat belts with the burgundy colour, which seat belt company was Ford sourcing them from?

Cheers in advance,

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts