Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,635 Posts
no one has tried it
Might work> I do know G-4 Bull seat base and the '00-'02 Lin Cont uses the same base. And on the Lin, the bucket seat and split bench seat use the same base. And might help someone who: wants a power pas seat for G-4 bull the Lin Cont pas base will fit, and the last generation all had power pas seat.

-chart-

·
Owner of #RaceSable
2,398 Posts
Might work> I do know G-4 Bull seat base and the '00-'02 Lin Cont uses the same base. And on the Lin, the bucket seat and split bench seat use the same base. And might help someone who: wants a power pas seat for G-4 bull the Lin Cont pas base will fit, and the last generation all had power pas seat.

-chart-
Never thought of that.... I got lucky and found power passenger base in JY one day and that was it...

·
Has It Been That Long?
11,999 Posts
Indeed, I do think this had been done before if you'd searched.

That being said it seems someone has swapped your car out for one that isn't a SHO, you may want to get that checked out. :D

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I just saw this thread: that is AWESOME!!

I've been thinking about leather seats for my '95 for some time but thought that Gen 2 SHO was my only option.

Was the steering wheel a direct swap too?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread - what about the rear seat? I know it'll be harder for me - I've got a long roof - but is the rear seat swappable with the Lincoln? I'm hoping the Conti would have a split to access the trunk, so.... If not, I could probably get it stitched up.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread - what about the rear seat? I know it'll be harder for me - I've got a long roof - but is the rear seat swappable with the Lincoln? I'm hoping the Conti would have a split to access the trunk, so.... If not, I could probably get it stitched up.
From what I remember, the rear seat in the Continental is quite different from the Gen3/4 bulls. It definitely doesn't have the fold down seat backs for trunk access either. The front seats will bolt in though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lincoln Conti rear seat swap?

From what I remember, the rear seat in the Continental is quite different from the Gen3/4 bulls. It definitely doesn't have the fold down seat backs for trunk access either. The front seats will bolt in though.
I guess I could always use the material from the Lincoln rear seat and then cut and stitch for the folding seat backs of my wagon. I'm hoping that the rear bench section fits. I guess I'll pull it, photo the bottom of it with a tape measure on it, and compare it to a pulled Linc rear bench. But, if anyone else has tried and succeeded or failed I'd love to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts