Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

As some of you may know I just got a gen 3 Taurus. I wanted to swap the seats from my gen 4 to the gen 3 because the gen 3 does not have power seats.

The connections are there for the power seat in the gen 3, however, the gen 4 has extra plugs.

I only have two harnesses on the gen 3...and they don't match the seat from the gen 4.

Here is a picture of the connectors on the gen 4 seat. What can I do to get these seats working? Please help. I need help by tonight.

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
Are the extra connections for the side airbags that are an option on the Gen4 ? Those bags are mounted in the side bolster of the seat so there has to be a connection for a sensor and power to deploy them.....

J

·
0 Posts
I would send a PM to Brad - the_spy_guy - he is one of our electronics gurus around here and I know he's done stuff with seats and everything.

X

·
0 Posts
My guess would be the power pedals. Could be the air bags too as mentioned if the vehicle is equiped with them.

B

·
0 Posts
The larger connector may also be for the Next Generation airbags, which sense the amount of weight on the seat and use it to calculate airbag functions. The Gen 3 didn't have this. The smaller gray plug looks the same as the Gen 3 though. If it doesn't physically plug in, you could cut off the connectors and wire it direct. If you reverse the wires it's no biggie, the switch will work opposite of what it should. IE if you push it forward the seat will go backwards. You can simply switch the wires to get the right polarity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts