Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions about my '98 Taurus: While reading this site, I came to the understanding that Gen4 seats will fit in my Gen3. But what about Gen2 seats? Are they a straight swap, or is there some modifications necessary? Last question: Does anyone know what other seats, from other Fords,(or Mercurys) will fit? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Apr 8 2009, 06:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716319
Gen 1-4 will fit in any gen 1-4 car, however the gen 4 cars sometimes came with side airbags (which are in the seat). Replacing this seat with any other non-g4 non-side airbag seat will cause the airbag light to stay on.

I'm pretty sure a seat from a thunderbird will fit.[/b]
x2 But I think there needs to me some slight modifying if you do Gen3 to Gen2/1

I think the ones in the T-Birds and Cougars are the same base as the Gen2 Taurus so they should fit as well.... perhaps Mark VIII seats would fit? hhmmmmm :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Apr 8 2009, 09:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716360
Gen 1-4 will fit in any gen 1-4 car, however the gen 4 cars sometimes came with side airbags (which are in the seat). Replacing this seat with any other non-g4 non-side airbag seat will cause the airbag light to stay on.

I think the ones in the T-Birds and Cougars are the same base as the Gen2 Taurus so they should fit as well.... perhaps Mark VIII seats would fit? hhmmmmm :p
[/b][/quote]

That's what I was aiming for: If someone could(or has) swapped some premium seats into a '98 Taurus. What year is a Mark VIII?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I wish there was a list of what seats work in what, kinda like the wheel list

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Gen 4s have airbag sensors in the front seats regardless of whether or not the car has side airbags. There was a post about getting G3 SHO seats in a G4 while retaining the sensors a few months back.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (adworden @ Apr 12 2009, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=717263
QUOTE (Andrew L @ Apr 8 2009, 09:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=716360

[/b][/quote]

That's what I was aiming for: If someone could(or has) swapped some premium seats into a '98 Taurus. What year is a Mark VIII?
[/b][/quote]

That would be the last generation... I think its 92-98

Another one might be seats from a Continental... the only problem is that the controls are on the door and not on the seats themselves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts