Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a drivers side SHO seat and installed it yesterday. my car didnt have a power seat but there was a plug with a white wire and a white/black wire. the connector on the SHO seat has 3 wires, one black and 2 red. i need a wiring diagram or something because i have tried wiring them and the seat isnt moving. alos i replaced the seat belt and airbag sensor but the airbag light is on. could this be from not being fully seated in its spot?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay so i need to wire the power fromt he car to the two red and the ground to the black? anyone got a diagram to make sure the white and white/black are the wires i need to use? and to se what is the power wire. i cant find any diagrams with the seat wiring in it

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldnt be too worried about it except that the seat was moved all the way to the front to take it out of the car so its horribly cramped

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just checked the fuse under the dash that goes to the power seats and it is good. this doesnt make sense i have tried all kinds of different configrations ofwiring it up and it just sits tere. i know the motor is good because like i said it was moved forward to take out

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
if you need to move the seat i would say unplug the wires you connected and attach it directly to a battery or booster pack so you can move it back. i am not sure on the taurus but air bag sensors that judge the weight of the occupant in the seat came out about that time, was there a sensor on the seat you took out if so you are going to need to find a way to attach it to the SHO seat and then reset the computer i would also suggest having the sensors set back to zero as some will take the weight of the bolts being tightned and add it to the weight of the occupant. due to the fact it is an 07 and most likely a fleet vehicle ford may have taken the wiring for a power seat out to save money, you may have to run wires straight from the battery but dont forget to put a fuse in

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
couldnt skip goin all the way to the battery by usin a ignition wire? i found the sensor so hopefully i can get that working

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
im not going to say you cant go off an ignition wire but if it were me i would run it right to the battery to prevent any problems down the line

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
What you need is a 2007 wire diagram. Get one form Ebay on a Ford DVD.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay so the wires i thought were power arent. they go to that weight sensor. gotta install that today. but i did hook up the battery and get the seat moved so for now its okay. ill wire the power up eventually. buuut here is a pic. for now im just going to stitch the rip in the bolster.

[attachment=29092:IMAGE_013.jpg]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
looks good! you going to put in the whole set? if so i ahve heard you can wire them both together to save time and wire!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts