Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the driver side seatbelt dosent roll up fully, when I release it.... its like lost its roll back spring or something

can anything be done @$0.

·
Registered
359 Posts
How old is your car? There is a different warranty that covers seatbelts and whatnot that is longer than standard warranty.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to Fords.
My Explorer does this too. There is a spring I believe that wears out very quickly. A new Mustang I rode in did have very strong retractors. I unclicked it, and it launched itself backward. Almost took out the window.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think the seatbelt system is something you want to mess with, this annoying thing is also happening to my Taurus '98 SE driver side belt...

I guess you should just take it to a shop, or if you know a garage owner and become a regular, you could get cheap or even free small repairs in the future, as long as you get the parts though

·
Registered
359 Posts
There is nothing user servicable about the seatbelt retractors. IMHO, I wouldn't try for fear of becoming one with the windshield.
You might get lucky and find something just inside the panel causing a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it could be twisted in side real close to the mech assmb. it happens alot to me i remome the pannel un twist and retrack the seat belt and good to go it real easy to do

X

·
0 Posts
I think seat belt warranty is 5 years. Might have to go to junk yards to get the part or whatever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts