Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am comtemplating on getting my front two struts done. I saw another post saying someone got a good deal at sears.

A copuple of wuestion pl. (for my Gen 3 96 GL).Has 130 k now.

- Are those sears people qualified to handle this. ALSO IS changing struts on the front a "hi-tech" job needing a very skilled mechanic...??

- How will I know that chaning my front 2 struts will give me better handling?

- What all should I ask to be changed? just struts?

- Can I just change the front two??

·
Registered
318 Posts
I wouldn't let any mass marketer like Sears, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, or any of their ilk do any serious work on my car. Tires, okay. But not any mechanical work. Their "Technicians" generally don't know very much.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Youre gonna need an alignment if you get the front struts done.

Sears did a fine job on my dads van, and the parts they use have a lifetime gaurantee.

-Damon

·
Registered
901 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Dec 17 2003, 09:25 AM
I am comtemplating on getting my front two struts done. I saw another post saying someone got a good deal at sears.

A copuple of wuestion pl. (for my Gen 3 96 GL).Has 130 k now.

- Are those sears people qualified to handle this. ALSO IS changing struts on the front a "hi-tech" job needing a very skilled mechanic...??

- How will I know that chaning my front 2 struts will give me better handling?

- What all should I ask to be changed? just struts?

- Can I just change the front two??
get the mounts checkedto make sure that their not going. If stut mounts are going you can save on labor having it all done at once. Make sure you have someone you trust that wouldn't lie to you check your mounts because you don't want to get screwed.

X

·
0 Posts
Any idea how much that cost?

I always thought it was a good idea to repalce all struts at a time, or am i wrong and it is ok to repalce them in pairs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts