Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to use the foaming Woolite/Resolve upholstery cleaner, but it's either discontinued or no longer available in my area any more.

There are a lot of gravel roads and there's very sandy soil here, and the foaming stuff works great to lift that gunk out of the carpet so it could all get vacuumed out-but any other brand that I've tried has not performed very well, it's taken multiple cleanings to work and with 24 hrs drying time between scrubs, that's not exactly helpful.

Got any recommendations?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Motorcraft makes a spot and stain remover. It works very well, been using for years. Your local Ford dealer can get it. I think the part number is ZC-14. Prob around $8-9/ bottle.

·
Super Moderator
6,642 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I use this for heavy cleaning:

Also, I don't know if it's made any more because I have not had to buy any for a while but Glade made (makes) a foaming spray for car interiors that goes on foamy and smells GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. Just spray on and leave it. I'd use that for upkeep and for the smell.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They still make that stuff? That's what my mom used to use when she cleaned my
dad's pickup before we switched to the Resolve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will look into the Motorcraft cleaner. I've had good luck with other Motorcraft products.
Wasn't aware that they made upholstery cleaner.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all these suggestions. That's given me places to start looking and products to test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts