Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here seafoamed their bull? Im about to do it becuase im sure there is alot of buld up in my engine... :ph34r:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used seafoam in my fuel - it says you can use it in your oil, fuel, or air intake - it cured this annoying tick that my car had when pulling hard up hills...valve rattling i believe from crud buildup, it's some of the best fuel injector cleaner you can buy. I usually use some form of injector cleaner regularly but none seemed to solve my problem until I used the seafoam...Goodstuff

the search feature is at the top of the page in the tabs between "pages" and "community"...unless you were being sarcastic then just ignore this...lol

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
If you put seafoam in your oil change it after a few miles... I would not put anything in my crankcase except Synthetic oil or God forbid conventional oil.

·
Registered
953 Posts
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Apr 1 2009, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714437
If you put seafoam in your oil change it after a few miles... I would not anything in my crankcase except Synthetic oil or God forbid conventional oil.[/b]

The directions on the can say to add it to your engine (via the crankcase/where you pour the oil for oil changes) but only 1/3 of the can.

From what I recall, the directions say to add 1/3 of the can to your gas tank, 1/3 of the can to your crankcase, and 1/3 of the can to the vacuum part of the engine system (you will have to have another friend keep the RPM's around 2000 so that the car does not stall).

I used it, but did not get the stories of smoke pouring out of the car like I had read.

Also, when you add it to your oil, you are supposed to change your oil within a 100 miles or so... so do all this just before an oil change and you should be safe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (ricer333 @ Apr 1 2009, 05:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714457
QUOTE (2000Sable @ Apr 1 2009, 04:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=714437
If you put seafoam in your oil change it after a few miles... I would not anything in my crankcase except Synthetic oil or God forbid conventional oil.[/b]

The directions on the can say to add it to your engine (via the crankcase/where you pour the oil for oil changes) but only 1/3 of the can.

From what I recall, the directions say to add 1/3 of the can to your gas tank, 1/3 of the can to your crankcase, and 1/3 of the can to the vacuum part of the engine system (you will have to have another friend keep the RPM's around 2000 so that the car does not stall).

I used it, but did not get the stories of smoke pouring out of the car like I had read.

Also, when you add it to your oil, you are supposed to change your oil within a 100 miles or so... so do all this just before an oil change and you should be safe.
[/b][/quote]
As for the first 2 replys i did use the search function.... I seafomed her yesterday put the 1/3 can through the pcv piping. I started it back up didnt get a huge smoke show but it was smoking a bit, smelled like arse..Seems to be a bit more responsivenext imma through some in the fuel when i fill up..

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use Seafoam, and I have posted about it's effects. I usually recommend it because it will help clean your engine. You have to change the oil shortly after running it through. If you have leaky seals, you will probably have leakier seals. It will not FIX anything. It will HELP. If you have something mechanically wrong, I recommend fixing it. If you feel like you might have some sludge, put some in your gas and some in your oil. It will help, not FIX the problem.

--

1. Proper maintenance is a lot easier than overhauling an engine.
2. It's not your fault if the PO didn't maintain the car properly. It's your fault if you don't.
3. Additives do not fix anything.

--

My posts on Seafoam

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Seafoam caused my 'tec to backfire and blow the EGR/FPR vacuum elbow off the back of the intake manifold. The elbow was completely destroyed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts