Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used it in the crank case of my 03 Expedition to clear a severe sludge problem that resulted in it losing oil pressure within 5 minutes of it being on (fixed btw :D) but my question is how would i go about putting it in the brake booster for my Bull? I honestly dont know which hose is the brake boost line. If any one has used it this way, does it really help clean out the engine like so many people claim it does?

·
Registered
14 Posts
it worked great on my 98. i did try to get it in via the brake booster line but as soon as i would disconnect it and try to quickly get it to the bottle to start sucking it in the engine would die due to the vacuum being gone. in the end i just took the filter assembly off and slowly added it in the throttle body with a long neck flexible funnel whilst my brother held the revs at 2000 on the throttle.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have used the one with a long tube - it gets right to throtle plate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, through the throttle body. I never thought about pouring some through there. same proccess Im guessing? Let it sit for 5 minutes, rev the engine to get the smoke to disappear?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
You sneak the little tube between the rubber and trottle body, past the trottle plate. The plate will stay a little open because of that, giving you the 2000 rpm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You sneak the little tube between the rubber and trottle body, past the trottle plate. The plate will stay a litlle open because of that, giving you the 2000 rpm.
sounds so much easier than having some one else help you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts