Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an SCT X4 from 5 Star Tuning with 3 tunes. I loaded up one and the throttle response was way too sensitive. I was backing out the driveway and light touch on the gas made the car backup so fast, I was glad no one was behind me or another car I would have hit something or someone. I did a calibration request to see if they can fix it and still awaiting their response.

Anyone had tuning for a NA 3.5L experience this issue with SCT tunes or 5 Star tuning? I am already thinking of maybe trying an Unleashed tune since the request was some time ago already but waiting after the holidays to see if they respond back in a timely manner. Or anyone have another recommendation for a good tuning service that utilizes the SCT X4?

The SCT has no built in tune for this car or engine though one shows up if I plug into my 2007 Explorer 4.0, another story on it failing on trying to write the built in tune to that one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ended up ordering an Unleashed tune which Torrie responded in less than 24 hours and I put the request to 5 Star about 11 days ago. Will install the tune tomorrow and update but have to say even though it is Holiday season fact Unleashed responded that quick already gives me more confidence and I wish I just bought the tuner and tune through them in the first place. Oh well live and learn.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did hear back from 5 Star as well with a fix to the tune but now the SCT X4 is messed up and I had to send it back to Derive for them to replace it under RMA. I guess best advice is to not update that thing. I had issues in updating it initially but seemingly thought was fixed but it stopped showing custom tunes when installed. Derive SCT Support flashed it back to default and still the same issue.

So wonder if the odd throttle response was from the messed up SCT X4 unit. We will see when I get it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts