Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can i get one through? How much? Do they come preprogrammed? Then will need to know when i find one if i cna ge it shipped to were i am.

Pretty basic questions. I know there are good, i hear about them all the time, so i want one.

Thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't know if Paul (SHOZ123) still does it, but you can shoot him a PM. Worst case, he'll yell at you for bothering him. Otherwise, you can head on over to sctflash.com & go through the "find a dealer" thing. The shops you find probably have never touched a taurus, but they'll know their stuff for tuning, so you should be ok. Worst case, ebay, but buyer beware. Depending on the source, you're looking at $350 and up, with the possibility of additional charges based on how many tunes you want.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
i cracked the screen on mine and they want $75 to fix it then i think its $125 for 3 tunes. and i dont even know where i would get it written around here. (cape cod, ma)

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
I have heard Paul is not doing them anymore, but NESHO in Spencer, MA is still saying they are an SCT vendor and Paul does them, on their website.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my issue is that i am stationed in England and wont be back in the states for another year and change so looking at something that is aready pre-programmed as i dont have the sources over here to tune that tuner. I can try and PM him, i did a long hile back about it and never got a response back.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
You don't need to be local to have NESHO do the tuning. It is impossible to add a Wideband O2 sensor to the design of the integrated exhaust manifold and cat. So all tuning will be done using the onboard OBD2 sensors and data logging.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't need to be local to have NESHO do the tuning. It is impossible to add a Wideband O2 sensor to the design of the integrated exhaust manifold and cat. So all tuning will be done using the onboard OBD2 sensors and data logging.

What?:huh: all im looking for is a pre-programmed SCT tuner and someone that can ship it APO. I understand there is places here in the UK but 1. thier dyno's are only for MT cars 2. id be paying twice the price than one from the states.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Unless the shop has a welder that can add a wideband O2 in cast iron manifolds, it would be almost useless to run the car on a dyno. This problem is specific to the Gen4 integrated cat/ manifold problem.

You don't have to run the car on a dyno for custom tuneing, majority of it can be done through the ECU and data logging.

I have never heard of a Dyno for a MT car. there is 2wd and 4wd/ awd dynos though.

The pre programed chips work ok, but the shops will customize the programing to meet your requirements and your specific car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unless the shop has a welder that can add a wideband O2 in cast iron manifolds, it would be almost useless to run the car on a dyno. This problem is specific to the Gen4 integrated cat/ manifold problem.

You don't have to run the car on a dyno for custom tuneing, majority of it can be done through the ECU and data logging.

I have never heard of a Dyno for a MT car. there is 2wd and 4wd/ awd dynos though.

The pre programed chips work ok, but the shops will customize the programing to meet your requirements and your specific car.

Got to remember here i am stationed in the United Kingdom and everything here is a manual. The reason no one here will dyno an automatic is because of the drop down in gear when you mash the gas, along with torque steer, they say their dynos cant handle the the torque that fast. Where as when you have a manual you gradually run through the gears till your in the last gear then when all is good you mash the gas in the highest gear and the drums measure your torque and horsepower. They were afraid i might break there dyno if i pulled it on there.

So, would it be best to get a pre-programmed one since im here, or get one with in which i can get it customized to the car? I may just have to wait till i get back to the states for this one....:unsure:

Thanks thou

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you have the tuner you can lock the transmission in 2nd or 3rd gear for dyno pulls and that way they won't have to worry about it :)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Contact NESHO, the prices should be better for you in England since the exchange rate works in your favor.

They will do 3 custom tune to your requirements. Shoot them an email and ask.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts