Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, my names Jake. and i drive a 1998 Taurus with the Vulcan Engine. has anybody used the SCT tuner on the Vulcan? and if so how expensive was it when you bought it? did it give good results?

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Not worth it unless you have mods, you can't adjust tons of options like tranny shift m firmness and rec limiters and alll that but I prob didn't gain over 10hp with mine and it was over 400 bucks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not worth it unless you have mods, you can't adjust tons of options like tranny shift m firmness and rec limiters and alll that but I prob didn't gain over 10hp with mine and it was over 400 bucks
can or cant?

also do you still have it? im looking to get one/borrow one for tuning

if anyones interested in selling me theres or loaning me it or hell coming over and helping me tune my bull send me a pm

·
Registered
671 Posts
can or cant?

also do you still have it? im looking to get one/borrow one for tuning

if anyones interested in selling me theres or loaning me it or hell coming over and helping me tune my bull send me a pm
Can't. I'm not sure if it's only a few select PCMs, but my Vulcan PCM doesn't have many options to adjust at all. IIRC, it was half the size of a 'tec option list, possibly smaller. (Are there vulcan PCMs with more options, that I could swap in?)

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
It's not piggy back. It flashes the PCM and then is removed. The X3 will store the OEM programming so the tuner and PCM can be returned to stock and reused on another car.

It is true some PCMs have little to change. But the shifting, fuel and timing can all be adjusted,.

But for any tune when dealing with fuel, to get the most out of it you need a Wide Band O2 sensor and then data log.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts