Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search but maybe I missed it. I am trying to figure out how to wire up this scosche wiring kit to my 4th Gen Ses. Could someone please help. I am not sure were the power wires and what not hook up to. This thing looks crazy. I just don't want to be out in the driveway for the better part of a day trying to figure out how to hook up just the head unit. So any help with some pics if possible would be awsome. Thanks a bunch to all in advance.

Glen.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
The illumination, ground, and power wires are all connected to a harness just behind where the stereo will be mounted. The speakers connect to the harness that you have to run all the way back to the trunk and plug into the RCU.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I am starting to get the picture but here is my next question. At the "plug" end of the million mile wiring harness, there are 2 leads. One for a chassis ground and the other for a 12 volt constant. What are they for if the radio is all connected up front? Do I need to run a seperate 12 volt constant to the rear of the car?

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I did not connect the 2 "short" wires close to the plug when I installed my kit. I'm not exactly sure what those are for...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that solves one of the mysteries. I've been out running wires for the past 2 hours. What a pain in the kazoo. LOL. Thanks for the help all.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, after working on it all day (to include cleaning my wife's junk out), I am finished. Man what a pain. I doun't think I'll ever do another system in a Bull. Any way. The only problem that I have now is that I can't get enough bass in the cabin with the back seats up. In my Tracker, it was open and I had great bass. Now it's not much more than a great pair of 6x9's with an amp. Anybody got any ideas? Maybe some kind of port? Somebody give me some ideas please before I put this stuff back in my tracker.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts