Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to my local u-pull-it and scored big time for the bull.

Found myself a couple of early 2000's taurus's and one fully loaded early 2000's mercury sable ls in chestnut brown metallic that looked like it was a deer hit. From the sable I scored the mach audio RCU and tweeter cover's with mach audio logo. I also got a complete woodgrain kit, silver gauge bezel, and a new drivers side heated power mirror. In addition to that I also picked up the factory cd changer, the electronic climate control unit, a new power mirror switch, a new passenger side power window switch, a new headlamps switch and a set of chrome door locks from an 2001 continental.

I already installed the mach RCU, the chrome door locks, the new headlamp switch, the wood grain kit, the silver gauge bezels, and the new power mirror. I also painted the grill black and picked up a magnaflow exhaust from work. What a difference the mach audio makes. I also installed a remote starter. I have to say that it seems like the taurus was designed for a remote starter considering how easy it was to install. didn't even take 2 hours. The 3M lip and trunk spoiler are still holding up remarkably well. Been several months and many car washes later and still look good. I'll have to wait and see how winter goes before I can make a definite verdict on it.

opinions please,

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good! What size is your rear lip spoiler and where did you get it from?
Its made from the same stuff as the front chin spoiler. Its 3M edge molding. I picked it up from work and decided to give it a try. Been on for months now with no problems. Going to see how it holds up thru winter before I can fully recommend it.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now all you need is the wood-grain shifter knob and door trim i scored from an 03 and 05 for $10 lol.
I've been keeping my eye out for one, but nothings really come up at my local u-pull-it. my big thing right now is finding a new drivers due to the poor condition of the leather. Tan leather is surprisingly hard to come by, for some reason gray leather was a much more popular choice. I did come across a nice tan leather seat last week, but it had been exposed to the elements and had started to develop some mold on the surface. Finding a decently priced tan leather drivers seat with power adjustable pedal switch is becoming a challenge.

·
Registered
23,390 Posts
Your upgrades look real nice! Yes, a wood grain knob with chrome release button and added door trim would make it pop even more!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
you might be able to install a passenger seat on your drivers seat chassis. You would have to cut the holes for the switches in the leather. The holes for the passenger side would be covered by the console

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you might be able to install a passenger seat on your drivers seat chassis. You would have to cut the holes for the switches in the leather. The holes for the passenger side would be covered by the console
I never thought of that. It might be worth a try. I picked up a new passenger side heated mirror today and installed that along with new tail lights from a 2005 taurus.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh hey neighbor to the North! A CT Taurus lover over here! lol. But that bull looks good! I wish I had the center shifter, but the 'flip-fold' makes everyone interested. The Bull lookes great, with all those added accents. Im not to fond of the black border, I would have found some cheap OEM or AEM chroms peices to fit in there. But other than that, you did a really nice job! Maybe you can come down to CT and help me with my bull? Shes looking a little like a fleet car...and you know thats ot good!

·
Registered
8 Posts
went to my local u-pull-it and scored big time for the bull.

Found myself a couple of early 2000's taurus's and one fully loaded early 2000's mercury sable ls in chestnut brown metallic that looked like it was a deer hit. From the sable I scored the mach audio RCU and tweeter cover's with mach audio logo. I also got a complete woodgrain kit, silver gauge bezel, and a new drivers side heated power mirror. In addition to that I also picked up the factory cd changer, the electronic climate control unit, a new power mirror switch, a new passenger side power window switch, a new headlamps switch and a set of chrome door locks from an 2001 continental.

I already installed the mach RCU, the chrome door locks, the new headlamp switch, the wood grain kit, the silver gauge bezels, and the new power mirror. I also painted the grill black and picked up a magnaflow exhaust from work. What a difference the mach audio makes. I also installed a remote starter. I have to say that it seems like the taurus was designed for a remote starter considering how easy it was to install. didn't even take 2 hours. The 3M lip and trunk spoiler are still holding up remarkably well. Been several months and many car washes later and still look good. I'll have to wait and see how winter goes before I can make a definite verdict on it.

opinions please,

Hi,
Could you please advise how to remove/replace the headlamp/dimmer switch? I need to replace mine as it has become loose. Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts