Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum here, but I've had my Taurus station wagon for over three years now. Despite its quirks I love it. Anyway the reason I'm posting: I am trying to find good schematics or photos that show the front, back, side and top views of my model of ford taurus. I have a 97 gl wagon. Any leads to images of this or a similar model would be greatly appreciated. I want to use the images to make a model of my car, it'll be cool. Thanks for any help

the ovalofcontrol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, I did find the ones in the operations manual, but they aren't of very high quality, though I will use them if I have to.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You're probably best off if you just shoot pictures with your own camera.

(Only a wagon owner would know why you'd want a model of your wagon...) ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually want to try out some body mods without actually doing it to my car. I have thought of the photo thing, but that has its own pitfalls.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You want to make a real model of your car or you want to make a computer model of your car? I would check out eBay motors for pictures. Somedays, they will have tons of auctions with great pics and other days, you're left dry, but it's a great place to cruise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to do a computer model. I tried taking photos with my digital camera, but with out a tripod I get a lot of trouble getting the front from the wrong perspective. I think I'm going to use the manual images for the basic layout, then photos for the details.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Cool, but like I said, check out eBay for pictures. Pictures have some perspective distortion, but with proper editing, you can fix them. You can also make a texture out of pictures so that you can make the model exactly like your own car.

Also I know there's a couple of websites out there that have free models of cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts