Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used car, '05 Taurus recent buy ~ 130K miles.
Likely only air getting through is what goes around the rotted off foam seal. I have a filter I bought for my '03 Taurus but have not gotten around to replace that so used that filter on this car.
Took it for a drive and A/C working really well now.
Likely this was OE part. If there was a label, I am not going to look for it. TRASH.
Compressor was likely recently replaced as it looks clean and has after market label. Would have thought any A/C place would have replaced the filter, but best maint. is what one does them selves.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I think most people never knew these cars had cabin filters. As far as I can figure they were probably one of the first mainstream cars to have one. I feel like it wasn't until the mid 2000's that a lot of cars started having them and consumers still probably didn't learn they needed to change them until just recently, lol.

The one on my 98 was gross and had definitely never been changed, but it surprised me that third gens even had them too.

·
Registered
10,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you did not have a filter, one would still need to clear out the leaves and pine needles. Friend with Honda dealer told her she needed a new filter but not a required for inspection. They wanted additional $50 to do that. She was already in a bad mood as the service person was not nice. She said she told them were to put their filter. She went to parts store and gave ~$12 for a filter and 5 minute install. She said she would never go back to that dealer. My Buick Lucerne is about 5 minute install.
G-4 bulls a bit of a pain but once in a life time is OK, or NOT.
-chart-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts