Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a really nice SHO around town the other day. It was black with clear corners, definitly a 98. It had cross-drilled rotors all around and tint. This thing was CLEAN. You could tell s/he took care of it.

Here are two pics:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Judging by the headlights, I'd say it's a '97. Nice ride, though!

B

·
0 Posts
The headlights, and the turn signals. It's either a 96 or 97. Nice though!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
What part of the head lights gives it away that it's a 96-97 or a 96-98. I know the 99s have the black in the head lights and the other gens have the reflective color. But what seperates the 96-97 from the 98 head lights??

I like to know all the difference from year to year so i can always say "Hey that's a 97 not 98"

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk@Dec 22 2003, 10:20 AM
Are you sure it's a 96-97? How come it has the 98-99 (SLO) grill? Did SHO's have that grill the whole time in the third generation or something?
Yeah, all of them had it in the front oval.

I don't care the year, it is sexy sexy.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by D Man@Dec 22 2003, 08:51 AM
What part of the head lights gives it away that it's a 96-97 or a 96-98.  I know the 99s have the black in the head lights and the other gens have the reflective color.  But what seperates the 96-97 from the 98 head lights??

I like to know all the difference from year to year so i can always say "Hey that's a 97 not 98"
Actually, it could be an early 98. The black surrounds in the headlights were introduced June 10, 1998. However, the front turn signals look like the 96-97 "waffle" style. The front fascia/grille was the same on all the Gen 3 SHOs. The kicker would be the rear turn signals--they changed from amber to red for 1998. However, some 96-97 owners swap in the 98-99 rear signal lights. And of course, we can't see them in this picture anyway.

J

·
0 Posts
Very nice! That reminds me, I saw an IMMACULATE blue Gen2 SHO on the highway today - I mean it was MINT - almost think it had to have been repainted, but you never know. Beautiful car though. It was a guy in his 50's driving it, so I would be willing to be he is the original owner and just takes good care of it - at least that's impression I got.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No...it was a 1998. Trust me. It had the red turn signals in the back, and the turn singals in the front where the crystal kind. Not the ugly kind from the 1996-1997's. My 1997 SHO had them and I hated them. They got all foggy and stuff. It also had the black inserts in the head lights, but you just can't tell from that angle. Here is the back shot....

-Kyle

Picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
933 Posts
not bad, I need to get some new light fixtures for my car, I always liked the 96-97 tails better, something about amber turn signals that I liked, but now I really like the looks of the red, and those clear corners. cool stuff, I'll have to see if I can order some! haha

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
little off topic but i see a turbo Lebaron in the first pic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts