Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm Patrick from Topdon Technology, an OBD diagnostic tools manufacture, also a vendor in this forum.

Now enter our amazon shop, apply the promotion code at 'Check Out', you can enjoy 10% off of all our products!
Save up to $309.9 for one single product!

Promotion Code:10YDS4GU

This code will be expired on August 17th!
Amazon Shop: https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplace...&redirect=true

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
Why would anyone spend big $$$$ on any OBD diagnostic tool when you can buy a $25 or less ELM327 and download Forscan for free?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would anyone spend big $$$$ on any OBD diagnostic tool when you can buy a $25 or less ELM327 and download Forscan for free?
Hi Jeff,

You do make a point. ELM327 is a very useful product. But blue tooth diagnostic tools sometimes may suffer signal interference. Besides, codes like ABS can not be read by it.

We recommend customers to buy things that meet their needs.

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
Not all ELM 327's are Bluetooth. I have both a Wifi ELM327 for quick testing, grabbing codes, monitoring functions while driving so I dont have cables to deal with, etc, and a USB ELM327 with a MS CAN switch that can read ALL categories of codes (P, C, B, U) from ALL modules. Even the Wifi ELM327 and Forscan will pull all categories of codes, read PIDs in many formats, etc.

Both the Forscan mobile app (around $5 on app stores) and the full PC version (free from the Forscan site) will read all code categories, allow you to set up custom dashboards, show PIDs in several different formats, and with the extended license (free for a 3 month period, and can be renewed), allow you to reprogram modules, reset the PATS system, and a LOT LOT more.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I can see a use for the Ford owner that has other makes. I also have a Nissan Xterra, Lexus and three Taurus. Forscan has been great for the Taurus and would love to find similar for the other makes. However the other makes don't seem to need to be fixed very often.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Hi Jeff,

You do make a point. ELM327 is a very useful product. But blue tooth diagnostic tools sometimes may suffer signal interference. Besides, codes like ABS can not be read by it.

We recommend customers to buy things that meet their needs.
I beg to differ...… I've NEVER had Bluetooth interference with my $10 ELM327, even standing 10ft from the car(used it just today). Not only that, but the ELM and Forscan not only reads ABS codes, it can activate the ABS pump, which is helpful when bleeding the brakes. Spoken from first hand experience. You can also, with certain ELM's and Forscan, you can access mode $06. http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/175528-misfire-diagnosis-using-mode-06-advanced.html. Please don't spread misinformation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts