Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Sep 19 2004, 09:06 PM
we will try to do it again at a different location in six months or so, sometime in the spring when it is much cooler.
Figures. Around that time, I will probably be back in Iraq getting ready for 125+ degree temperatures. (Got word that we will be stationed in Babylon, south of Bahgdad).

Derek

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
FatTortoise Posted on Sep 18 2004, 10:54 PM
I think I should change my sig to "THE SLOWEST VULCAN IN THE TCCA!" lol

Man, I was BAD.. Me and my friend there had a HUGE thing about whos car was faster, and he, and I thought mine was fater, but I learned different.. one race, he beat me by .03 secs! .03!! I guess my car is all high end..

Also. when you were sujpposed to buirn out on the track, the guy told me to, and I looked at him and said "I dont think my rig can do that man!" and that guy was an ******* to me.. He was telling me that I was going to kill someone because I couldnt burn out.. Giving me a bad time.. Bah!

I seriously think you did not have the slowest one out there!!!!!
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile.php?id=146257&toggle=fullsize&f=.jpg' alt='' width='640' height='480' class='attach' />[/url]

It is a little hard to read, but it says:
run#1... 19.2752
run#2... 19.2788
run#3... 19.5484

It truly was a sad day in vulcanville!!!!
:crybabysmiley:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I am just happy everything went off without any problems. I have planned numerous things in the past and I sweat through all of those events that something isn't going to be right, like the restaurant is bad, or the hotel is screwed up or someone I have talked to screws up some detail somewhere, so now that it's over I can stop worrying :banana: :chili:
We may need to do a smaller meetup, just for the day, in the Killeen area so Derek can join us before he ships out. Seems to me there's a little 1/8th mile drag strip off of I-35 near Hillsboro but we could always just go to a restraunt and hang out for a while too.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I know at some 1/8th mile strips, they let you run what ever you want.. I would love that, see what my bike runs in a 1/8th mile, or race someone on foot, that would be bad ass.. lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
There is a track not too far away from me located near Temple. It's called Temple Academy Dragway. It's 1/8-mile (except on Friday & Saturday it's 1/4-mile for street cars).

Temple Academy Dragway
Track info

Oh yeah. Killeen/Fort Hood is known for having a lot of rice burners. Pretty sure TAD is where they like to go...

Derek

Attachments

61 - 65 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
13 Participants
d_sellers1
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing