Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
What Im going to do Is get a couple of those "WINDOW CHALK" things, and write my S/N and real name on my Windshield and rear window.. Then paint a muriel of myself on the hood :p

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Heres an update of the list. I just checked the thread and formulated the list of people...

Taurus Drivers:
Rudedog - Rudy - G2 Taurus
TaurusSETypeS - Mark - G4 Taurus
beamout - Robert - G4 Taurus
Fat Tortoise - Mike - G4 Taurus
Osiris98Sho - Andrew - G3 SHO
Spridget - Luke - G3 Taurus, 99 CSVT
dsellers1 - Derek - G4 Taurus
Oldhoo72 - Leonard - G3 Taurus

Guests:
Doug Schneider - F150
Rodrigo Khan
Chris Peterpaul
Mikes friend CBZED101 w - Blazer 4.3L

Even with the loss in meet population, we still have a great crowd goin!! Anybody cancells now...and thou shalt be slapped with a tuna.

Thanks for the list Mark!! Rude (I fixed the names)

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I've never seen any of you, but I should be easy to identify. I'll be the guy walking around with a baseball bat looking for Beamout. :lol2:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Things are looking bleak for Friday because of work, and of course my tranny decides to act funny 2 days before the meet. :whythis: So definately no racing at the track. Imma get slapped by 15 taurus lovers with big tunas for saying that. Im still on for Saturday, as long as i dont rag the sho. Its going in the shop on monday and i really shouldnt be driving it, but ****, thats what the warranty is for. If worst comes to worst, ill show up in a gen4 duratec. :grrrr: Start slappin. Peace

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Hey everybody!! PM Rudy(rudedog) and Robert(beamout) your cell phone #'s so we are able to locate everybody, and vise versa. you dont HAVE to, but it would be most helpful for the organization of the meet. Thankies.

~Mark

·
Banned
509 Posts
Im really looking foward to this.. Even though, my car will be "TURTLE CHARGED". :lol:

I better get cleaning, my car is a MESS.. The carpet has a bunch of mud in it, my car smells funny, there are assorted boxes laying in the back seat and the trunk..

And My car has some damage to it.. Some might recall, I am accident prone, and I almost totaled my car, then 3 monts later, I got in a fender bender, and repaired it with bondo (To get it back into shape) and a car bra.. lol.. Then I tried to paint it with a brush, and well. that didnt work very well :lol: Youll all see!
Then I have 2 dents on my roof, from me standing on it and rocking the car back and fowrth, 1 in the fender, because I *cough* lost controll, one in the left quarter panel, because I slid agianst a wall, but it aint bad, then like 3 dents in my doors.. OMG, I am a Taurus abuser :(

:rofl:

·
Registered
314 Posts
As it stands right now, I'll be leaving here some tomorrow evening after work. I'll be bringing two friends with me. One guy of the two guys I will be brining is from San Antonio. Depending on what's going on down there we'll probably meet up with another guy from work that is from there too. In case anyone wants to get in touch with me here is my cell number: 254x702x8277. I would like to get atleast one other person's number in case I run in to any issues. Either gimme a call or send a PM if you like.

Derek

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Sep 16 2004, 01:56 PM
"TURTLE CHARGED"

OMG, I am a Taurus abuser :(

:rofl:
Good thing that Turtle has tough shell!

my cell number is 512-663-9313. I'll be leaving here around 4pm to make it to Sequin around 6pm. I can only stay for a couple hours. I have to turn around and get to work by 11pm, so I'll leave by 9pm for sure.

I have a surprise :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by spridget@Sep 17 2004, 03:39 AM
I have a surprise :ph34r:
:blink: must seeee.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Just talked to Karen at San Antonio Raceway. During the night they will be announcing the various car clubs that are in attendence so we are now on the list and will hopefully get a mention. A reminder that you do not want to go into the parking off of the access road, turn right on Santa Clara road and enter through the pit entrance. For those of you thinking of bringing kids, children under 12 are free, everyone else is 10 dollars or 15 dollars if you plan on running. Obviously if you are running you will need your driver license and insurance card, but you have to have that anyway. Gates open at 6pm, time trials at 6:30, heads up racing at 9pm. I think that's everything. See you tonight.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So how did it go last night? Was there a good Tauri turn out? B)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
There were I think 8 cars there Friday and 5 there tonight as you can tell in the pics posted in the San Antonio Pics thread. Also in that thread you can read a little about the races. I think we all had a great time, I know I did, and it confirms to me that me have a bunch of great people in this club.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I got there about 4:30 and was the fourth one there. Looks like you missed folks by just a few minutes. I asked the other guys if they had seen you and they hadn't. Sorry we were all a little late in getting there. I am very happy that I got to meet you however on Friday. You guys were great at the track. Anytime you guys want to get together and hang out let me know. Thanks for coming down.

·
Banned
509 Posts
I think I should change my sig to "THE SLOWEST VULCAN IN THE TCCA!" lol

Man, I was BAD.. Me and my friend there had a HUGE thing about whos car was faster, and he, and I thought mine was fater, but I learned different.. one race, he beat me by .03 secs! .03!! I guess my car is all high end..

Also. when you were sujpposed to buirn out on the track, the guy told me to, and I looked at him and said "I dont think my rig can do that man!" and that guy was an ******* to me.. He was telling me that I was going to kill someone because I couldnt burn out.. Giving me a bad time.. Bah!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Sep 18 2004, 10:54 PM
I think I should change my sig to "THE SLOWEST VULCAN IN THE TCCA!" lol

Man, I was BAD.. Me and my friend there had a HUGE thing about whos car was faster, and he, and I thought mine was fater, but I learned different.. one race, he beat me by .03 secs! .03!! I guess my car is all high end..
It wasn't that bad, we both knew thats how it would turn out...I win untill 70 MPH and then you pull on me. Doesn't matter about the track, when you were driving home on the highway, I was flooring it and your tail lights were still getting smaller and smaller. >.<

Posting timeslip of the closest race we had. Pur your CAI back on, and you'll probably beat me. :ph34r:

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it out there. I was ready to leave by five but we were bringing a friend of our's with us and she took her sweet @$$ time getting ready. We didn't leave until about seven. By the time I reached SA people were already leaving. Mark called me on Saturday to go out to the Pig Stand but I got out voted because they wanted Meixcan food. Guess I'll have to do some better planning next time.

(Plus this gives me some more time to work on my car. Need to get a sticker for the back that says 'Work In Progress'...)

Derek

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sorry if the people at the track gave you a bad time about the burnout stuff. You guys did great and it doesn't matter if you won or lost or any of that. It doesn't even matter how fast you went. All that matters is that you had a good time, and talking to you out in the parking lot I think you did have a good time.
Sorry Derek that I had to leave early, I had to get home to my daughter and get to sleep a little early since I knew what kind of day I was going to have Saturday. Once again I will say that all you guys are great, I had a great time, and we will try to do it again at a different location in six months or so, sometime in the spring when it is much cooler.
Robert

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
13 Participants
d_sellers1
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing