Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
weird. i saw a black contour svt today in san antonio, had some rims / svt stickers on it, but didnt get to look under the hood tho. it looked awesome, then i flew down the road in the sho. made we kinda want an svt too <_< . oh well, i better not have work that weekend that would suck. have a good bday spridget. look forward to meeting all you other taurus freaks. i thought i was the only one.hahah.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by osiris98sho@Sep 2 2004, 04:46 PM
weird. i saw a black contour svt today in san antonio, had some rims / svt stickers on it, but didnt get to look under the hood tho. it looked awesome, then i flew down the road in the sho. made we kinda want an svt too <_< . oh well, i better not have work that weekend that would suck. have a good bday spridget. look forward to meeting all you other taurus freaks. i thought i was the only one.hahah.
oh...we're out there... theres just not a lot of us. Try being in Houston. Just me, rudy, and russel. and we all live on different sides of town. Thats like being in another state!!

Go meet!!

ps... osiris, you must find a way to get off work if you are scheduled... :ph34r: We have to have us an SHO out there for shizzle.

-Mark-izzle. haha

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Sep 2 2004, 12:51 PM
Spridget...I just want to see your car, and get a ride in it. I heard you have some seriously good suspension on that car. B)

Its lookin like its gonna be a great meet pplz!!
I just wish we could get a road course around here.... I want to tear up my tires and put that suspension to the test.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
For our next meet I think we should look at College Station at Texas World Speedway, which has a road course, or the road course up in the Ft. Worth area. I did several searches for courses down here but as you said there isn't one. At least not one I could find,

Robert

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes+Sep 2 2004, 07:17 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Taurussetypes @ Sep 2 2004, 07:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-osiris98sho@Sep 2 2004, 04:46 PM
weird.  i saw a black contour svt today in san antonio, had some rims / svt stickers on it, but didnt get to look under the hood tho.  it looked awesome, then i flew down the road in the sho. made we kinda want an svt too  <_<  . oh well, i better not have work that weekend that would suck. have a good bday spridget.  look forward to meeting all you other taurus freaks.  i thought i was the only one.hahah.
oh...we're out there... theres just not a lot of us. Try being in Houston. Just me, rudy, and russel. and we all live on different sides of town. Thats like being in another state!!

Go meet!!

ps... osiris, you must find a way to get off work if you are scheduled... :ph34r: We have to have us an SHO out there for shizzle.

-Mark-izzle. haha [/b][/quote]
At least you will have one SHO there :icon_cry:

Someone better have a camera there!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Happy Labor Day everybody. Just a reminder that this is the last week to book a room if you need it. The group price and the rooms are lost one week from today so make your reservations now if you can.
Robert

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hey everybody. Got a call from Michelle at the Econo-Lodge in San Antonio today. She was worried because no one had booked rooms yet and the deadline is Monday. Just a reminder to call Friday to make sure you get one. Monday at 2pm all the rooms go bye bye. I don't think Michelle works over the weekend so it would be best to call Friday or early Monday and take care of it if you need a room. A reminder that you will need to mention the group and probably mention my name, Robert Wood. See you in SA.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I still have to find out if I will or will not be able to make it down there that weekend. I'm being told that I may be able to get part of Friday off but nothing is definite. Don't worry about me if I don't get in the group rate. Their military discount is $44 for double or king bed & smoking or non-smoking rooms.

Derek

·
Registered
67 Posts
I will not be able to make it for two reason's. The minor is my wife's best friend is moving to Nebraska in a week so that weekend is there last together. The main reason is I no longer own a Bull. I sold mine for many reason's and I hope to one day buy another one. You can look at my garage page and see the parts I pulled off and are selling. I hope you guys have a blast, wish I could be there. THE MOOCOW SHALL RISE AGAIN.
:evil:

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Beamout -

I'll be there, but the girls at the Econo Lodge didn't answer the phone or return the message I left on Friday. I'll try again Monday, but if they're concerned about reservations they might want to check their voicemail.

See you Friday.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just a quick reminder. Today is the deadline to get rooms at the Econo-Lodge. After 2 this afternoon they are gone. Another favor to ask of everyone. I have had no luck at all getting a hold of the people at San Antonio Raceway. If anyone else wants to try and email them along with me that would be good. I will also try calling them. What we need to find out is if we can all park together in the pits even if some of us aren't going to race and confirm the price. Hope everyone has a good week and we will see you on Friday.

Robert

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Well, I got my room this morning. I'll be at the motel late afternoon.

Please give me a call at 214-562-9804 if there are any last minute changes in plans.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I finally emailed the right person at San Antonio Raceway and got this response to my questions. The questions were, can we all park together in the pit parking lot even though some of us will not run our cars and if you buy a 15 dollar tech card to run does it also cover the 10 dollar admission. Here is what I was told.

no problem on parking you should all be able to park together, also the spectator cars can come in on the pitside, and the $15 covers car and driver, each spectator is $10. Hope you have fun , if there is any thing else we can do feel free to contact me Todd 2108492225.

So there you go, good news all the way around. Rudy, if you could instant message me a cell phone number for you I will call you and find out where everyone is when I get there, assuming you get there first. You probably will, I will be pushing it to get there by 6:30. If I get there first I will call you and tell you where I am. Not sure yet what we can do to get everyone else in the same area, I guess just drive around until you see some Tauri. I am sure there won't be too many other than ours. To enter the pits you should NOT go into the parking right off the access road. Turn right on Santa Clara road and go into the Pit Entrance. There is a sign marking it on your right.

Robert

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Rooms booked and ready to go for the Houton folks. I hope they are near yalls rooms. We can par-tay har-tay! :D

Rob, me and Rudy should be getting there around 4:30-5pm hopefully, with my brother and his friend meeting us at the track around 7. Im gonna PM you with my cell # too just in case Rudys phone has an out of body experience. lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just got an email from my daughters soccer coach. Her Saturday game has been moved from 9:15 to 1:15 in the afternoon. That means I will be late to the Pig Stand shine and show. Rudy, you will need to go inside upon arriving, tell the manager, or assistant, who you are, who the group is and remind them that Robert Wood made reservations for the club to hang out there. Shouldn't be a problem, just wanted to let you guys know. Sorry about this, unfortunately it can't be helped.

Robert

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
So who all is going for sure? Im gonna make a list of the people coming from Houston that I know of, and just add to it accordingly.

Taurus Drivers:
Rudedog - Rudy - G2 Taurus
TaurusSETypeS - Mark - G4 Taurus

Guests:
Doug Schneider - F150
Sean Martin - Eclipse
Rodrigo Khan
Chris Peterpaul

Someone bring those sticky nametag things. All i know is screen names, so they would be helpful for getting to know others.

-Mark

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
13 Participants
d_sellers1
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing