Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the final information for the San Antonio Meet.

Date-September 17-19
Location-Around San Antonio, Texas
Hotel-Econo-Lodge Northeast
You need to make reservations before Monday September 13th or we loose the rooms. We have 10 rooms set aside. Call Michelle or Suzy at 210-653-9110 ext. 191, tell them who you are with. The group room rate is $45.00 plus all the usual taxes. You can either get two doubles or one king. Remember you MUST call before Monday, September 13th to get that rate. After that date the rooms will be released and given to other folks.

Schedule-
Friday: Hotel check in. San Antonio Raceway, test and tune at 6:30. $15.00 gets you a tech card to race. I am still waiting word from them on whether we can just park in the pits all together without buying tech cards if we don't plan on running, but the tech card is only $5.00 more than admission anyway. Should be back at the hotel around midnight.

Saturday: Breakfast is served a the hotel or there is a Denny's on-site. San Antonio sight seeing and shopping until the afternoon.
3:30pm-Shine and Show at the Pig Stand on Broadway. Dinner at Pig Stand around 5 or 5:30.
Evening you are on your own to enjoy the SA nightlife.

Sunday: Checkout in the morning, For those of you coming back up I-35 I would be happy to host a lunch for you in San Marcos. Let me know who might be interested and I will put together a time and place.

Needed Web Links:

Econo-Lodge information and map link

San Antonio Raceway Domestic Shootout

Map to Pig Stand

History of Pig Stand

Please post here if you are coming or if you have any other questions that I can answer. Let's have a big turnout.

Robert

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two things that might sell your wife on the idea, but it will involve you shopping with her. Some of the best shopping in the state is at North Star Mall, almost two million square feet of stores including Sachs and Macy's that is 15 minutes down Loop 410 from the hotel.
Second, if you do come to San Marcos Sunday there is the state's largest outlet mall complex. Two malls with over 300 outlet stores including Adidas, Nike, Polo, Sachs, Donna Karen, Bose (for us boys with toys) Tommy Hilfiger, Sony (again a boys toys thing), Liz Clairborne, Brooks Brothers, Hugo Boss, Armani, and pretty much anything else you can think of.
See if that helps. While you are thinking about it call the hotel this afternoon and book your room.

Robert

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I will be absoloutely sure to keep that weekend open!! This is really exciting. Super great planning by Rob. I will probably drag one of my GP buddies along with me to show him how Tauruses do things. hehe. I guess I had better get to work on the car. I cant wait! :banana: :chili:

·
Banned
509 Posts
Pimpin'
I live in San Antonio, so I would gues it isnt nessasary for me to spend the night in a hotel right? I live in the Northwest Side..

I pretty convereted my car back to stock, so I am guessing that I will be the slow poke at the track :p

Now that I think about it, I could just chop my muffler off, and put my CAI back in.. :eek:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad we will see you there. You don't have to run at the track if you don't want to, I doubt I will run mine. I just want to come and hang out.
On another subject if any of you have fellow members in your town message them and remind them of the meet and to post here if they are coming. I have done that with some Austin and San Antonio folks today since I live inbetween.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Aug 31 2004, 05:29 PM
Now that I think about it, I could just chop my muffler off, and put my CAI back in..
DO IT!!!!! :eek:

I'll drag my Taurus buddies from Austin and SA out of the woodwork to go to the meet.

My bro and some of my friends want to go too. They dont have Tauruses, but they think mine is the pimpinest..est..est.. in town. haha. They will get some more ppls there...but not necessarilly Tauruses. :( Oh well, the ones that will be there will be pure gold!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell your friends without Tauri to rent one for the day. Who knows they might be impressed by driving a real car for a change. Wooohooo

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looking forward to this meet, never been to the raceway, and im not that far. I live on the north side so I probably wont rent motel either, mebe shack some people up. damn i better get that rattle fixed :unsure:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by d_sellers1@Aug 31 2004, 09:17 PM
I'm going to do my best to get down there. I got a bit behind on my bills this past month so I have to make sure those are straight before I make any commitments. I'll keep ya'll posted as I figure things out.

Derek
Totally understand dood. You take care of your biz, its all good. But it would be awesome to see you and your car out there. Just saw the pics, looks awesome!!!

-mark

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by osiris98sho@Aug 31 2004, 09:21 PM
Looking forward to this meet, never been to the raceway, and im not that far. I live on the north side so I probably wont rent motel either, mebe shack some people up. damn i better get that rattle fixed :unsure:
see top of thread. d00d!! youre gonna have the fastest beast out there. makin all of our SLO's look poopy. :ph34r: Aw heck, any taurus is an awesome Taurus.

·
Registered
367 Posts
yeah i read that after i posted ^ and felt dumb. i fixed it and actually read this time. :banana: my moms got a gen4 taurus too, a little more nimble than the sho, both are fun to drive. any taurus is a good taurus :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
my dad used to have an '03, but he left his company...so he had to leave his company car. :( Oh well. Everybody start getting ready for a great meet!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Originally posted by Taurussetypes@Aug 30 2004, 03:47 PM
I will be absoloutely sure to keep that weekend open!! This is really exciting. Super great planning by Rob. I will probably drag one of my GP buddies along with me to show him how Tauruses do things. hehe. I guess I had better get to work on the car. I cant wait! :banana: :chili:
You'll have to have twice the fun, for me and you B)

Maybe I'll get past the quarter finals in the Street Ford this year :lol2:

Someone needs to get me a TCCA sticker so it can be in my victory picture :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll be there...I dont have a taurus, but I've been hanging out with FatTortoise since before he even has his taurus and I've always been wanting to run against him at the track. So i'll Be there in my blazer ready to run. :D

We've raced before out in the back of a old store, and I won, but we didn't pull into 3rd gear...and once my blazer goes into 3rd gear, FatTortoise flys by me...damn 1:1 gear ratio and 3.08s >.<

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I'm not sure how I'm going to make it work, but I will be there for sure on Saturday. I have to work Friday night, but I might be able to make it down for the track event. I wont be racing this time around though.... unless I bring the Contour SVT down for Friday and then come back in the Taurus on Saturday......hmm.... sounds good to me! B)

So I probably won't be getting a room.... although I may take osiris up on the crash pad.

I wonder if I can get my CSVT chipped before now and then... my birthday is this Friday. I can always use another personal gift! :lol2:

BTW - Robert, I'm up for lunch on Sunday

1 - 20 of 65 Posts