Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what could be causing my car to sag on the passenger side just a little bit 1/2 inch 2005 sel taurus
all tire pressures are the same and no noises at all trunk is empty and hardly anybody sits in the passenger seat..i have 85,000 miles on the stock suspension...thanks in advanced B)

My mustang it sags on the drivers side 133,000 miles 1/2 inch

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys ill have to check that out but when i did my strut mod i never seen it :angry:

is this common on the 2005

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
thanks guys ill have to check that out but when i did my strut mod i never seen it :angry:

is this common on the 2005
Only common on Taurus driven in the rust belt, as the springs rust out and go snap! Do you live right on the beach where it would get salted from the ocean air? Are you sure the car was on a level surface when you measured the ride height?

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no not no salty springs here still looks new under there and yes im on even concrete ...are these shocks pressurized and if so could i have a bad shock:mellow:

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
no not no salty springs here still looks new under there and yes im on even concrete ...are these shocks pressurized and if so could i have a bad shock:mellow:
The shocks/struts don't support the weight of the vehicle. If you have though a strut sitting lower then the other in the knuckle, then you will have a side that is low because the strut plate lower then the other, causing a spring to sit lower then the other. It would be that or just a weakened spring.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The shocks/struts don't support the weight of the vehicle. If you have though a strut sitting lower then the other in the knuckle, then you will have a side that is low because the strut plate lower then the other, causing a spring to sit lower then the other. It would be that or just a weakened spring.
Thanks ill look into this and see what i can find but is it usually the rears i need to check:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
what could be causing my car to sag on the passenger side just a little bit 1/2 inch 2005 sel taurus
all tire pressures are the same and no noises at all trunk is empty and hardly anybody sits in the passenger seat..i have 85,000 miles on the stock suspension...thanks in advanced B)

My mustang it sags on the drivers side 133,000 miles 1/2 inch
Was the Taurus parked next to the Mustang in the driveway when you measured it? I have a hunch your concrete driveway has a slight pitch to it, on the sides where both cars appear to have a 1/2 inch sag, or one of the slabs settled on one side. Good to have a slight angle on the driveway, so water runs away from the house. The concrete floor in my carport has a slight downward pitch to it, when my car is in there, it appears the back sags slightly, but on level pavement it appears perfect. The rear springs in these cars are very soft, not very good when you have a couple of heavy people back there.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was the Taurus parked next to the Mustang in the driveway when you measured it? I have a hunch your concrete driveway has a slight pitch to it, on the sides where both cars appear to have a 1/2 inch sag, or one of the slabs settled on one side. Good to have a slight angle on the driveway, so water runs away from the house. The concrete floor in my carport has a slight downward pitch to it, when my car is in there, it appears the back sags slightly, but on level pavement it appears perfect. The rear springs in these cars are very soft, not very good when you have a couple of heavy people back there.
Very true about the concrete driveway but when i park it here at work on a flat asphalt driveway and it still has the 1/2 sag..i just need to get under there and peek around...thanks for the thoughts on the driveway;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts