Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was an accident at our facility today.

My father and I were working on a 1” rear sway bar for the Gen 2 Wagon. We were in the process of bending the bar on a hydraulic bender. I made the big mistake of distracting him, which led to the unintentionally engagement of the bender while his hand was in the way. Resulting in lose of his finger.

This is the first time anyone has been physically hurt by my actions. It has made think hard about all the times I walked under a fork life, worked under a car on the side of the road on a unsteady jack, skipped out on using safety glasses or ear plugs because I was in a hurry….

I would like everyone to take a moment to reflect on all the risks that we take in working on our cars, think to yourself of ways that you can better your own safety and those around you.

Safety is #1!!! Your car is not worth a limb, double and triple check, focus 100%!!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
So sorry to hear about your Dad

You're right, it's not worth the loss of a body part or worse, life, to cut corners to save time. Even if you make a living on auto work where time is money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts