Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mom called me last night, they had to put my dog down. he basically had a heart attack, and had no blood flowing through him. couldnt walk, could barely move. was just an over night thing. and ill be honest with you folks, because i always have. i bawled. i was over sunday night for cake and ice cream and he was just as peppy as normal. i guess with the abundance of little kids over that night, it was just too much for him. ive been dreading this day because he has been getting older, i just didnt think it would come so soon. i wasnt able to take him with me when i moved because of lack of space for him to be able to move around. i just really wasnt expecting this so soon, right after my birthday on saturday. he was 12. at least i got to see him the day before.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear. Losing a pet is always tough. Especially after 12 years. What kind of dog was it?
[/b]
Thanks. i didnt have him for the whole 12 years, we got him when he was arroung 5 i believe from my aunt because her new kids were allergic. he was a purebred boxer

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
sorry to hear that, but honestly it was probably for the best, so he didnt suffer. a few months ago we had to put down our familys 33 year old horse which my mom had longer than i was alive so i hear ya.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. yeah, ill work through it. ive been wanting to get a dog and raise it from a puppy, just has me thinking if i really want to now.

yeah they really are good dogs, JR. very loyal

·
Premium Member
5,180 Posts
We put our family dog down last year after 13 years, and I Cried like a baby. My dad kept his composure till he got home, and then he did too. People with out pets don't understand..

·
Registered
428 Posts
I feel for ya... My Chocolate Lab had a heart attack and died right in front of me a few years back. Its better to have spent 12 fun years with a dog than to not have one at all IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Sorry to hear man. :(

Few weeks ago I had to put my 13 year old cat to sleep. Sadly it was only because he refused to get along with my moms cats when we moved him in over there after my grandmother passed away. It was a sad day.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks folks, i appriciate the replies.

We put our family dog down last year after 13 years, and I Cried like a baby. My dad kept his composure till he got home, and then he did too. People with out pets don't understand..
[/b]

sorry to hear that. and you are absolutley right. they dont understand. a pet isnt just some animal living in your house, its family.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My grades took a nosedive when we had to put down our 13 yr. old Australian Sheep Shepherd due to a large tumor under her front leg. She was also going blind and deaf. Big, big fuzzy white and copper dog with perky ears. She wasn't a dog, per se. She was more like a person.

I lost a lot of pets through the years. I cry. You can't help it. It's impossible NOT to. I'm like that with my cars too, though. But I was raised that cars and animals are part of the family.

In consolation...

http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

I'm sure your doggie is happy again.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
I feel for you - my dalmatian died in November of 2005... I'm not sure of what, but I was broken up over it for a very long time! All I can say is that I'm glad my other dog, a border collie, is still with me along with my three cats.

It's a very true statement that pets are not just some animal, they are friends and family who live with you and share your life.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Deeply sorry for the loss of your friend. It never gets an easier losing a love one (pet). I am just glad you enjoyed your time together

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I feel your pain a lost a female Boxer like 4 months ago and let me tell you that was such an an amazing dog and it was well trained an old lady gave it to me for free and that dog was so loved in my house. I cried so so much when my mom told me she past away when we left her in the veterinary and I couldn't see it because she was so messed with bacteria that it was dangerous, she had cancer, heart problems and had a tumor in the head. At least the doctor called us and told us she died while sleeping so she didn't suffered. After that we bought male Boxer with 3 months and he's adorable and so crazy at the same time. I've heard this type of breed has heart problems which is common in Boxers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
:( Sorry to hear about your dog. I know how it feels. I've had two put down early because tumors and stuff. I'm on dog three and I still miss the first two. They were like members of the family. It sucks and that's the easiest way to put it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts